Chapter Forty-Three

There's a bit of slightly smutty stuff...I'm working my way there to it...I think my Pierre story will be a bit dirtier but it's a scene I wanted to play out...also I have no chapters edited after this...just a warning!
****
"Well, Elodie, that was a superb drive today! On paper, a simple overview of the race will read...started second...finished first. But if they look at the footnotes they will see a superb summary of nineteen overtakes in a sprint race and you were the only driver in the top teams to pit. Can you just talk us through what happened out there today?" Nico Rosberg asks me as I'm met with a roar from the fans who clearly enjoyed the race today.

"Er, yeah, a bad start meant I fell into anti-stall...fell back to sixteenth and I have to say at that moment I really thought I was screwed...but I put myself back into focus and just got the car back to what was needed. The two stop was always the plan, which I think will be a fact that annoys both Max and Lewis," I say as I take a glance over to the two men in question who look surprised and nod in synchronisation to that bit of information causing me to giggle. "I knew that I had the best tire preservation out of us so they would anticipate me to do a one-stop and therefore, do the same. It became more necessary during the race as my tires degraded from me putting them in the dirty air but today was just amazing. It was exactly what you want from a race as a driver and I honestly couldn't be more ecstatic about today. It felt like magic and so a huge thanks goes to the team, both those here and back at the factory...I couldn't have done it without you!"

"How does it feel to be the driver that others are planning their strategy around?" Nico asks and I raise my eyebrows in surprise as I had never thought about it that way before a playful gleam enters my eye and I smile brightly at the camera.

"Priceless," I wink and thank him before stepping away, getting engulfed in a hug by both my competitors before we separate and Max goes to give his interview. Nick leans forward to give me my water and I thank him brightly as he pulls me into yet another hug. Everyone was on cloud nine, the danger strategy paid off and it had been a next-level day of racing for me. Genuinely, the stuff of dreams.

"What a fucking race, you champion!" Lewis says as he puts an arm around my shoulders and I grin up at him. "I can't wait to watch that back but Jesus...you're right I didn't think you'd do a two-stop without a safety car. God, I wanted a safety car so bad when I heard your second lap out of the pits. You're a fucking demon," he says proudly and I grin, the sweat on my face and dizzy smile hitting me hard.

"I don't know why but that felt better than any actual race win...why is that?" I say elated as I look up at him and he nods, understanding exactly what I mean.

"Because every time people talk about racing in Spa, they're going to talk about that drive right there. That was history. That was beautiful," he says and I squeal, giving him a quick hug before letting him go to do an interview with his ex-teammate and hug Max, a much different one from what I shared with Lewis.

I link my arms around the back of his neck as his find their way around my waist, pulling my body close to him. My head hits against his sweaty chest and I shriek as Max spins me around, both of us entirely forgetting where we are. "You were absolutely on fire," Max says after he puts me back on my feet, a hand on either hip to steady me and I bask in his praise as I grin and nod. "What a fucking drive!"

"You did good!" I tell him and he scoffs humbly as we exist in our own world, if we weren't I think I would have forced myself to look away from his eyes, the sheer affection I held for him being written as clear as day in my face.

"Nothing compared to you! What a read...was it fun?"

"The most fun ever! I've never felt so alive!"

"The most fun ever? Last night wasn't as good?" He asks and a blush creeps onto my cheeks at the suggestive comment.