"I'm only callin', so maybe you can talk sense into him before it's too late. I heard what really happened to yo Daddy with the gambling. Don't want anything happening like that again."

"Fasho. I'll talk to him," he hangs up right as they bring Gen's drink out.

In the last months up until Destin's murder, Seven was back on track. He was staying in Austin and working under Choice at his Cannabis company. Now Seven's been floating with the wind..

He spends his days smoking weed, playing video games, clubbing, and hanging out doing nothing. At least according to his social media.

Gee thought Seven having income from renting out their father's house would be good... Nope. He doesn't have to have a 9-5 that requires him to clock-in and have routine. He's been blowing the money.

Their father's death shook Seven to his core as Genaro had been a huge pillar in his life. Seven's entire life centered around making his father proud and following his father's plan for him - college and football.

He has none of that anymore. He doesn't have college, football, or his father. Seven doesn't know what to do with his life. He doesn't know who he is. His life has gone into a tailspin. Now he spends his days worrying about death or prison.

Gee doesn't know what to do. He can't keep trying to help Seven when he's grieving too. He has his own life to live. He can't keep trying to save him. He's done being the hero. He's putting up boundaries.

"Who was that?" Magenta asks as Gee backs out. She stirs her drink with the straw seeing the perturbed look on his face.

"A friend back home. Apparently, Seven's out there being stupid."

"Kentucky?"

"Yeah, I can't keep up. He's not answering my calls, but he's on Instagram. Every week it looks like a new city."

"He's running hoping they won't catch up with him."

"Apart of me wants to go get his ass and the other says, 'fuck it.'"

Magenta stays quiet on the subject. He assumes it's because her stance is clear. Gee can't keep putting Seven before himself, his future, or his family. Not when they have a baby on the way.

Pulling up to their property, they both get out of the car. Their house is currently in the framing stage of being built. They have an appointment with the builder for a pre-drywall meeting.

"We have stairs. That's crazy," Gee comments as they walk around. They're only made of framing lumber, but it's something. They've made a lot of progress with the framing, electrical, and plumbing now complete. The house is finally taking shape.

"I say 2 weeks until the dry wall goes up," their builder informs them. "It should start looking more like a house in the next couple weeks. I estimate the closing date will be end of December. 10-12 weeks give or take delays."

"Don't make any promises you can't keep," Gee says making him laugh.

"When's the baby due?" He asks looking at Gen who's still slurping on her drink.

"January."

"I think we can get you guys in the house by the holidays. At least by the time the baby comes." It's obvious this pregnancy wasn't planned. No one wants to be building a house and having a baby. Gen's biggest concern is the nursery.

"We're gonna hold you to that. I already started ordering furniture," she taps her fingers like an evil villain.

The builder leaves them to roam, so they take that time to write messages on the framing with Sharpies. They either wrote affirmations, reminders, or Bible verses for protection and blessings. They also had their mothers write some down, so they'd write them for them.