“I’m alright thank you, and what are you doing here?  I thought a class was in need of being taught, unless you don’t have a class at the moment,”  You replied on a whim, poorly attempting to redirect the topic about you to something else.  

Mr.Stricker caught onto what you were doing very quickly but didn’t push, “Indeed due to auditions today there are no classes during this time period, if you remember or not we talked about this earlier in the week,”  You hummed in response as you avoided all eye contact with the male.  

“I guess so, and I heard from Toby and Jim that I was supposed to do an instrument audition for Romeo and Juliet. I believe it’s called today?  I do remember or have slight recognition of being able to play the instrument,”  You responded taking a small glance at the male.

“You indeed do play an instrument if my memory so serves me well, I believe it is the piano and violin.  Speaking of Jim and Toby, have you seen the two boys I was looking for,”  Strickler asks as his eyes give a threatening glare in them although hidden.  

You gulped as beads of sweat ran down the back of your neck as you gave slight hesitancy in responding but did so anyway,  “Yes, I was just with them.  They just went into the boys locker room, for which I am not sure.  But I’m sure they will be out soon,”  Stickler looks down on you knowing it was a white lie, mixed with truth and lies.  

Strickler clicked his pen and put it in one of his inside suit pockets and went into the locker room before you could say anything else.  You reached out a hand to call out but gave up and went in the direction of what you believed was the music room to see if you had a violin in your name for the auditions.  Praying on your way there that everything would turn out fine.  

______________________________

Toby pushed Jim through the door hard, causing the amulet to fully activate and armor Jim up.  With Jim stumbling backwards trying to catch his balance but almost failed miserably.  Toby backed up into one of the locker ailes excitedly looking at the armor.

“So cool…”  Toby muttered looking similarly to a little kid getting free candy. 

“Okay.  Why did it do that?”  Jim mutters to himself as he follows Toby in the aile lifting one of his arms up to look at the armor in confusion.  

Before Toby could answer the both froze and Jim leaned back in horror as he heard Mr.Stricklers voice call out into the locker room, “Jim?  Jim, are you here?”  The both scramble down the aile while Jim puts his back against the lockers inching his way in the opposite direction.  While Strickler looks around the locker room in one place narrowing his eyes towards the small crash that he heard.  

“Keep him out of here,”  Jim explained to Toby with deep desperation in his voice.

“How?”  Toby asks as he looks up to Jim from the ground, badly hiding on the other side of the bench.

“Just go,”

Toby huffed annoyed, “Fine!”  Then getting up, starting to casually walk out the aile pretending that nothing was happening.  

Strickler was almost down to the aile that Jim was in, but was stopped by Toby walking into his way, “Oh! Hey, Mr.Strickler.”  Toby stuttered like crazy, Jim almost face palms so much for stalling and not looking suspicious.  

“Ah, Toby.  Have you seen Jim?  I believe he came in here,”  Strickler asked, trailing off at the end while looking around for the said boy.  

Toby tenses up while trying to find an excuse, “Yeah, he, um…he’s having some issues, you know?”  Strickler ignores Toby and goes to walk down the aile, while Toby desperately tries to stop him, “Taco Tuesday.  Vicious, I think he could probably use some time alone,”  Completely speeding up his talking to get Mr.Stickler to look away but he was too late.

Strickler narrows his eyes, while Toby gets antsy in his place trying to find a cover up, “Jim, I don’t believe that’s appropriate school attire.  Do you?”  There was a hidden sneer in his voice as he looked down upon the boy yet sadnesses deep within.  

Jim just puts on a smile and tries to play it cool, “Oh, yeah.  This.  Huh.  Funny story about this.  It’s uh…”  Jim looks down glancing around before he looks behind Strickler seeing a poster for Romeo and Juliet.  “For Romeo and Juliet.”  

Toby immediately catches on and plays along, “Yeah! It’s for the tryouts,”  Toby cups his hands to his mouth annunciating tryouts a little bit louder than the rest.  

JIm nods his head quickly, agreeing, “Yes! The tryouts for Romeo and Juliet,”  Jim puts his hands out as he explains, Strickler only furrowing his eyebrows before raising them again as Toby puts himself between Jim and Strickler.  

“Jim’s going to totally smoke those auditions,  I mean.  Look at his costume!”  Toby hugs Jim knocking on the metal as they both give Mr.Strickler extremely nervous smiles.  “It’s so realistic.”

Fake concern although the two boys don’t know littered his voice, “What happened to the Chess Club?”  

Jim looks to the side before looking up back to Strickler, “Oh, uh…”  Jim slightly stampers, “I’m doing that too.  Apparently.”  

Strickler just hums before taking his pen back out, clicking and pulling it open.  “Hmmm, well, you’d better hurry, then.”  

Jim looks at Strickler weirdly, “What?”  

Clicking the pen back together he looks back at Jim, “I believe auditions end in five minutes.”  

JIm looks behind him to look at the clock with a raised eyebrow and indeed the time it was laid upon the clock was 4:55 pm.

__________________________________

Words - 1680

A/N Sorry for the short chapterish, and the late update a lot oh hw for school came up at last minuete due to the fact that we had twos day off this past week being tuesday and friday.  Along with me being busy all day this weekend with almsot no break so yeah got update out in a span of a few hrs before going to bed after a hectic week and weekend.  Goodnight or Goodmroning whenever you read this!  Author out...