Chapter 8: Who Is Ladybug

(( Hi! I would like to give you all a trigger warning - this chapter contains mentions of SA and if you need to skip over that section it is paragraphs 8 and 9 on this page. ))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(POV Lila Rossi)

"Sir you were right. Adrien has returned to his role as Chat Noir and has met up with Ladybug. They seem to be patrolling the city." Gabriel laughs through the phone, "I knew they were too stupid to stay away from one another. I want you to follow Ladybug at a safe distance. Do not let them see you. You will follow her until she de-transforms and confirm her true identity." 

I smirk knowing that we will finally get our revenge. Tonight, is the night that Ladybug is unmasked and crushed. "Yes, sir. I will contact you as soon as I have confirmation." I disconnect the call and follow closely behind the superhero team, using my portals to keep up. 

(POV Ladybug)

Finishing our first official nightly patrol together as a reunited team, I land as gracefully as I can on the rooftop that use to be Chat Noir and I's secret spot and giggle as Chat basically falls onto the rooftop after me. "Not as easy as it used to be huh?" 

He rubs the back of his neck and chuckles looking a little embarrassed, "I guess you could say I'm a little out of shape..." I glance at his toned shoulders and bicep muscles that are very well defined in his black cat suit. "I wouldn't say out of shape..." I blush and look away when I see him smirking at me, "maybe just a little rusty." 

I plop down on the edge of the rooftop looking at the Eiffel tower in the near distance and Chat sits down next to me. "I know how you feel, though. I was a little off my game when I went up against that dragon-lion-snake thing the other day. After a couple of days though it felt normal again... like riding a bike. How did everything go between you and Plagg?"

He nods and leans back on his hands, "Honestly it went pretty well. It might take my body weight in chamanber to get him to fully forgive me but at least he was willing to hear me out... What do you think that creature was by the way?" 

I shrug and rest my head on his shoulder, "Honestly, I have no idea. It came out of nowhere and vanished into thin air... It might be from a new miraculous in play that I've never interacted with before but I'm not sure. I think whatever it was, your father used it as a diversion to escape somehow..." 

He leans his head onto mine, "M'Lady... I think he's planning something. I don't know how to explain it, I just have a feeling that his plan is going to be worse than any of the other times we've faced him..."

"Do you have any idea what he actually wants? Did he ever tell you, after everything came out...?" He's quiet for a moment and I'm just about to change the subject when he finally answers, "Alya sent me footage from the night that everything happened... She recorded a lot of that night but I asked her not to release the recordings to the public... I heard what he said to you about my mom. At first I had no idea what he was talking about but, Mari I think he was trying to use our miraculous's to bring my mom back. Or maybe try to change whatever caused her disappearance in the first place... I don't know really but that's the only thing that makes any kind of sense to me." 

I sit up and look at him, shocked to say the least. I think my words through before carefully asking, "Adrien, would you have helped your father... if you knew what he was trying to do?" He sighs and drops his head back thinking over the question and then looks back at me sitting up from his leaning position. 

"I was a different person back then. I was reckless and focused on myself and my own needs. I'm not sure what I would've done, honestly. But if that is still his goal, please believe me when I say that I would NEVER put everyone's lives at risk for some selfish goal. Even if it would guarantee getting my mother back, which it wouldn't, it would take a major unknown price. One of the first things we learned about the miraculous magic is that you can never use them for selfish reasons, it's not worth the chaos and destruction that it can cause. I could never put everyone in danger for my own gain. If I could just speak to him... maybe I could reason with him and get him to give up his insane plan."