He squeezed his eyes shut before breaking, "Yellow house! Town off the 283! Antenna! Antenna... Antenna... Antenna..." He whimpered, bowing his head to avoid eye contact. I let go of his hand, he let out a gasp.

"Is that good enough?" 

"I can scout it out." Leah nodded and looked at Pope for his orders.

"Take a squad. Four of you." Pope looked between us. "See if our friend speaks the truth."

"You want us to take them?" Carver asked in disbelief. Pope stared at him down until he shut up, he shook his head and left the room. I held the knife out to Pope for him to take it back, but he shook his head to say I could keep it.

Then we went to the gates and eventually set off in our group to go to the location, which Frost told us about. Hopefully Maggie and the rest had already gone.

There were a few houses in the distance, overgrown by trees yet there was no movement. Some reapers stayed behind the cars whilst my dad and I discreetly went around to the side, near to one of the fallen lines that was hanging from the pole. He gripped it and then shook it.

"What's that for?" I wondered.

"If they're still here, then hopefully they can find a way out. Especially before that asshole does." He replied, talking about Carver who was sneaking into the house with the group.

"Be careful around him. I don't want you endin' up like Frost." I told him cautiously as we snuck over to the houses. "Leah told me his brother is missin', so he's a bit pissed."

Dad scoffed, "Well that shouldn't be our problem."

"Well...it might be mine." I nervously said, causing him to give me a questioning look. "I might've killed his brother."

"You what?"

I put up my hands in defense, "I don't know if it was actually him, but I killed one of them! Either way, if they find out they will all be pissed off."

"Shit Lia." He sighed as we entered the house behind Leah. Those who had checked the house were gathered in one of the rooms, we came up behind them.

"That son of a bitch jerked us around." Carver grumbled.

"We should stay, look around for a bit, so we don't miss nothin'." Dad suggested.

"No, we'll search the rest of the town first." Leah stated. "Quick and quiet, in case they're still nearby. You three, take the north end and work back. We'll meet you in the middle."

"Copy." One of them from the other group nodded before we split up. We went to the house next door.

We went inside, everything looked normal. Leah went into one room, noticing something. "They're still wet."

"Guess he was telling the truth, then." My dad called as he went up the stairs.

"We should clear the other rooms." Carver added with his weapon firmly in his hand.

I went into the main room, looking around for the people who I hoped that had left by now until I noticed a few gaps in the floorboards. There was a small door on the floor, partially covered by the carpet. As I squinted to look through them from afar, I thought I could see some figures. But, once I heard Carver's footsteps approach I quickly shifted the carpet over the door.

My dad then came down the stairs, "Maybe they went out the back. I can track them." He suggested again as he got downstairs.

"They can't have gotten that far. I can help track too." I also added.