♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 ♡

Comincia dall'inizio

Hoping to calm the tides of her mind, Dallas let out a steady breath and forced another swallow. 

Then, again, there it was. Something she hadn't heard in months. A faint humming pulling her in. Dropping her bag to the floor, Dallas followed it like a moth to a flame. She could've sworn she heard Stiles call out her name behind her but the footsteps didn't cease. It was a metaphysical string tightening around her waist and dragging her in whether she liked it or not.

Carpet turned to gravel beneath her feet. Gravel turned to mud and mud turned to leaves. Leaves fizzled out into sand and sand hardened into pier wood. 

There was a blink. And then another blink. Until Dallas was surrounded by rock, quartz and lakewater.  

She had remembered walking there. Remembered the need to be there. Yet, she couldn't remember why it had been so important. That was, until her eyes glimmered across the lakes shoreline and burned the back of Marilyn Garcia. Her hands fumbled beneath the sand and wiped away the particles from cloth she retrieved from it. 

"Mom?"

Marilyn jumped, tossing her head sideways and allowing threads of slightly damp hair to drape down her shoulders. Her eyes widened, then softened, while glittering underneath the sunlight in an unreadable expression. "Dallas?" she stood up, hand still gripping the handle of something covered. "Dallas, what are you doing here?"

That was another question she couldn't answer. There had been alot of those lately. Perhaps Dallas should start asking more and answering less. "I.. I don't know." she furrowed her eyebrows and squeezed her eyes shut at the blistering headache. "I heard-"

Marilyn visibly slouched. "Oh, Dallie." She answered for her. "I didn't mean to call you. You shouldn't be here."

Intriguied, Dallas pulled at her hand - and coincidentally, watched as the cloth she had wrapped around it fall to the floor to expose the Tuning Fork gripped beneath her fingers. Marie flickered her gaze between her daughter and it with wide eyes.

Dallie stepped back with a scowl. "I hid that for a reason." 

Marilyn lifted her hand and offered it to the girl. "Dallie, I know. I know, okay? I never should have pushed you into taking the cure. It was stupid -- and controlling of me and I always wanted you to choose your own path. Whatever that is, I don't care. I just need you to take my hand and trust me."

The Garcia eyed it like it was solid poison. 

"Dallas, please." Marilyn begged. "You can't give Klaus this fork."

Curiousity, that had killed her more times than the cat, pricked her tongue. "Why?"

Marilyn clenched her jaw and blinked her glossy eyes. Her hand, still extending, balled up into a fist that exposed the veins that poked out from underneath her strained skin. Teeth clattered from either fear or the cold - Dallas wasn't sure which - while her eyebrows sewn together with a string of gloom. 

"Because he killed your father." 

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"What?" Dallas laughed out, perplexed. Her heart raced in her chest and words spilled from her mouth. "Shut up, that's not funny."

Marilyn didn't laugh with her. "Dallie.."

"No. Shut up." Dallas shook her head so quick it made stars blot her vision. "Why.. why would you even say that?-"

Dallas felt her shoulders squeeze underneath Marilyn's hands. "Dallas, I saw it." She choked. "The night you left? Of the dinner? Klaus.. he.." She winced as if the memories hurt to recall. "James. He wanted to go after you. Said it wasn't fair that Klaus ambushed you like that.. god, he was livid with him."