Chapter 3

I got to the office earlier than I expected. The traffic was not crazy today
"Good morning, Kira", I greeted the receptionist.
"Good morning, Dor-Dor"
"Stop calling me that, Kira" I said and faked a frown.
"I know you're not angry dear Dory" she giggled.
I raised a brow. "Is that another nickname for me?"
"Of course". "Now hurry, Mr Williams will soon be around".
"Thanks Kira. Bye".
I got to my office and settled for the day. I began to sort some files when the office phone buzzed.
"Ms. Doris, your attention is needed in the CEO's office". Noah's voice boomed over the phone. I've told him countless times that I'm married and should be referred to as Mrs. Brown but since he wouldn't listen, I gave up. His excuse was that I don't look married. Lame, right? I know.
"Alright".
I walked towards the elevator and met this devilishly handsome man.
"It's wrong to admire a man Doris. You're married!" My subconscious fired at me.
"Yeah, to the one who has a mistress". I fired back not knowing I said it out loud.
"Excuse me?" Mr devilishly handsome man said.
I swooned over his voice for a moment but remembered I have to reply.
"Not you". I replied.
I got to my destination and walked out of the elevator. I knocked in the door and the CEO replied.
"Come in!" Mr Williams said.
"Good morning sir" I said.
"Yeah. I called you here for a reason". He said and paused.
"Go on sir".
"I'll be retiring in a month and my son here, Ethan shall take over the company". He said and pointed to a man on the sofa.
I looked at the man and saw that he looked familiar. "Oh, he's Mr devilishly handsome man".
He got up from the sofa and came towards me.
" Good morning, Doris. I believe we've met before". He said and stretched his hand for an handshake.
"Yeah. Morning Ethan". I said quietly and shook his hand.
" That would be all for now but I decided to let you know first since you're the closest one to me. You can go back to your office".
"Yes, Mr Williams. Bye".
I left the office and went back to my office. I have a feeling things are going to get interesting soon.

*A.N: Hey guys, I'm sorry this is short but I'll try to write more chapters regularly to make up for it. Don't forget to vote and comment🤗. Bye 👋