Chapter 14: A Drunken Discovery

En başından başla

With our drinks now nice and refreshing thanks to the addition of the ice cubes, Nick pulls me close, guiding my hips, bringing them closer to his own. At some point, the music somehow gets louder, but I can still hear Nick's seductive words. "Doesn't the lemonade taste better in my mouth and on my lips instead of straight from the cup though? I was doing you a favor, sweetheart." Not wanting to let him get me under him so quickly this week, I change the subject, "quit talking and drink with me, Mr. Nelson!"

____________________________________

(Nick's POV)

Time seems to slow when I'm staring at Charlie, completely floored by his looks. My head is sort of buzzing, but I'm much less out of it compared to my boyfriend. He's boggling at the night stars, his eyes wide like saucers, his mouth cutely gaping open. Squinting one of his eyes, and using both of his pinkies and thumbs to focus on one distant constellation at a time, I can tell that Charlie is having a blast. Only he would drunkenly study the sky, only he would giggle at how some of the stars arrange into the shape of a penis. Actually- I would too, with him of course.

Making room for myself on the porch swing in our backyard I smash our thighs together. Although I should be focusing on what he is, I can't seem to pull my eyes away from the more picture-perfect, living, breathing, perfection beside me. I swear that Charlie could be in a renaissance painting, and I bet that if he was alive at that time he'd be one. I can see a painter rhythmically flick his wrist, building the shape for his insanely curly hair. The painting would definitely be called 'organized chaos', or something like that- but fancy according to the time.

The feeling of Charlie tapping me on the thigh like a child wakes me up from my lovely daydream. He's pointing at a bundle of stars, claiming that it's a shaven ball sack, causing me to snort, "I love how much of a lightweight you are, Char." Without giving me a second to breathe, Charlie rushes to his own defense, "I'm not drunk, the most I am is tipsy! You can't tell me that the stars aren't in the shape of a naked ball Nick. I'm not drunk as hell, I'm just able to see, unlike you. Apparently, you need to go to the eye doctor, because I know what a ballsack looks like." His words are delivered sharply and filled with attitude.

"That's it! No more of that 'Paris Party' drink for you. First, you were being sassy, and now you're insulting me by saying that I don't know what a ball sack looks like, when you know that I do. How dare you?!" My words don't come off serious at all since I'm joking, but I still want to lightly punish him. Without warning I stand up, then throw him over my shoulders, causing him to shriek. "Put me down! I'm a grown man, you can't ban me from that delicious concoction!" Ignoring his protest while keeping a tight hold on his thighs, I head for our living room.

____________________________________

Carefully and gently I place him on the couch, moving to get him a warm blanket right after. Someone has to be the responsible one here, right? At first, I wanted to get blackout drunk, but that can happen another time..maybe with the rugby lads. I need to catch up with those boys, (the ones that are decent human beings.) Tonight, I have to stay somewhat sober and care for my very wasted, hopefully, future husband.

Patting the empty part of the couch beside him Charlie wines, "Nick, Nicholas, Nicky!" When he's extremely drunk he seems to revert into a childlike state, and I don't mind it one bit, "yes, my love?" My words visibly make him melt, the way that his face becomes a pinkish tint telling me that. When I call him 'my love' it makes him all adorably giddy, I don't know why, but I understand the feeling because I adore it when he calls me 'handsome'.

Resting beside our coffee table is Lily. She's looking up at Charlie, slightly confused, her head slightly tilted as she lightly paws at one of his legs. "Oh," There's an evil glint in my eyes now, "now that I think about it..you haven't seen much of your daddy when he's quite intoxicated, have you? Yeah, he's been trying to be a good role model for you, but he might've unintentionally abandoned that idea." Following my words, I scoop our fluff ball of a dog up, and then gently place her onto Charlie's lap.