THE UNEXPECTED NEWS

Chapter 3

"You've not been intact in school, Miss Thompson." Mrs. Hudson complained as Angie followed her into her office. 

"I'm so sorry ma," She begged. 

"How many times will you be sorry? Huh, Miss Thompson? You are the top student in my class Angela. I won't tolerate any inefficiency from you." She warned as she opened the door to her office.

"I'll be more careful ma," Angie replied, guilty.  

"Better be, I don't want you crying out your eyes later on." She said solemnly, adjusting herself on her seat, "You may leave."

"Thank you ma." Angie bowed and hurried out. 

Mrs. Hudson is like a godmother to her who always had this expression that says, DON'T MESS WITH ME! Though she looks tough. She is one of the most amazing people Angie ever had. Her personality is great and that's why Angie fell in love with her. 

"Oops!" Angie exclaimed when she remembered she had music class to attend. Yeah, she's into music and loves dancing, singing, and showing my ability to others. That's just who Angela was. 

Later that day, After some practice with her music group, she went home feeling so tired and weak. 

As she drove into her house, she noticed her Dad's car parked in the parking lot. Yeah, it wasn't surprising because he visits whenever he's less busy or got some work closer to home. 

She hurried out of my car and scampered inside because she missed him a lot.

"Oh, my sweet angel." Mr. Thompson bellowed as he saw her entering the sitting room. 

"Hi, Dad!" She greeted him, went ahead, and hugged him. 

"How have you been?"

"We've been good. How's everything and  Why the sudden visit?" She asked suspiciously and sat down next to him. 

"Are you telling me that I can't visit my children?" He asked bashfully. 

"No, no, that's not what I am trying to say. I know you are always busy."

"Well, you caught me. I came home for a reason, Angel."

"Don't forget, Angel knows all secrets Dad". 

"You just guessed, Miss." Dennis came in climbing down the steps. 

"I wasn't referring to you, Mr." She told him and huffed away.

"Can you continue what we were discussing, Dad?." She asked and faced her Dad. 

"It's a good thing Dennis is also here." Mr. Thompson said and tapped his back for him to sit next to him. 

"I got promoted as a Major yesterday." Their father finally announced. 

"Really!" They both exclaimed. 

"Do you mean it, Dad?" Dennis asked and he nodded his head. 

"Wow! That's great news. We should celebrate." Angie said happily.

"Yeah!" Dennis agreed, excited.

Then suddenly Angie's face turned into a frown. "Like, geez he got promoted again?" She thought, angrily. She remembered her Dad's work made him far from them. He has no time for them even when he was a captain and now he got promoted? He comes home once in a blue moon as a captain and this time when does he get to visit home as a Major?

She doesn't think everything is getting better. She was sure this post won't make him think or remember his blood any longer. This was what she saw coming in the future. But her thoughts were proved wrong.