Chapter Ten: Finally Here

*In this chapter Yelena may be a bit out of character but it may be like that for both Nat and Yelena in this book. Mainly Yelena though because I'm trying to include a lot of the things a kid would go through when they experience a lot of trauma. Blaming themselves, feeling guilty about things that aren't their fault, being dependent on certain people, forming bonds that would cause serious damage if broken. That kind of stuff.*

Dr. Banner walks over to the group with a sad look on his face. Instantly worrying everyone. All eight of them stand up and look to Banner for answers.

"Both the mother and the baby are ok. There were some complications and a lot of blood loss but they are both alive." Banner says causing everyone to release a breath

"She is awake if you want to go see them."

Yelena, Maria, Carol, Sharon, Clint, and Laura all go to Nats room while Nick and Coulson stay behind.

"If everything is ok then why do you look like something is wrong?" Nick questions

"We found out what caused the bleeding." Banner pauses "There was a tear. A tiny tear that wasn't even visible. It shouldn't have been a problem but because of the amount of scar tissue on her lower abdomen Natasha has clearly been cut open multiple times, weakening the lining of her uterus so any tiny amount of movement could have caused it to get as big as it was." Banner says quickly

"That doesn't answer my question. What happened?" Nick asks again

Bruce lets out a sigh

"We couldn't save it. She was bleeding to much and the only way we had to save her was just remove the organ. She wont be able to get pregnant ever again." 

Yelena's POV:

The six of us head toward Nat's room leaving Nick and his friends behind. I don't bother worrying about what they are talking about, because  Nat's ok. And that's what matters.... Oh and the baby to.

I enter Nat's room first as everyone waits outside the door to give us a minute alone. Well not alone really. I walk in to see the child in Nat's arms. She's cradling it and taking care of it. Looking at the little thing with so much love. Will she have time for both of us? What if she loves the baby more than me? She probably will. I mean I'm not even blood related to her. The baby is.

I go into a spiral. Thinking about all the things that would change. I have a lot of problems. I know that but Nat has always been there to calm me down when things happen. What if she isn't there anymore? What if I'm too much of a problem and she doesn't have the time or energy to deal with me anymore?  

I was standing there thinking for a while till I was pulled out of my head by Nat calling me over. She's smiling. She takes one of her hands away from the baby and reaches for me gesturing me to come closer. Once I'm next to her bed she takes my hand and looks at me with the smile still on her face.

"I have a baby." She says laughing

Is she still high?

"How are you feeling?" I ask

"They gave me a lot of drugs, so I feel great." She says still smiling

Nat removes her hand from mine and puts both of them on the little creature making me frown. Until she holds the vermin out to me.

"What are you doing." I question

"Hold him." She says

I take him in my arms and Nat scoots over in the small hospital bed making room for me. She lifts up the blanket and signals for me to get in with her.

I lay on the bed with her and realize this is the most I've ever seen her smile. Even in Ohio she wasn't this happy. I guess this can be a good thing. She leans into me and lays her head on my shoulder.

I look down to see the baby is asleep. I guess he's kinda cute. Don't tell anyone I said that or I will kill you.

We stay like this for a little while till everyone starts piling into the room. Carol, Maria, Sharon, Clint, Laura, Nick, and his "friend". All standing looking at us. Carol and Laura both have bags in their hands. Blue and pink with elephants on them, SO I'm assuming they're for the baby. Not me of course.

Carol comes up to me asking if she can hold him. After looking at Nat for approval I of course let her, just to get him off of me.

The kid gets passed around the room, everyone getting a chance to hold him. Even Nick seems to tear up a little looking at the thing.

"What's his name?" Sharon asks

"Peter, Peter Parker Romanoff." Nat says still having the same smile on her face

This was going to be good. Maybe there would be an annoying kid around but, we were all safe. And we might even get a pretty cool family out of this.