Chapter Two: Problems at School

This takes place five months after the last chapter (sorry about all the time jumps im just trying to get to the more interesting plot)

It's five thirty on a Thursday morning Nat just got in from work. She changes out of her work clothes and stars making breakfast before going to wake Yelena up. Today is Yelenas first day back at school. She hasn't gone for two months because she was having really bad problems so Nat didn't make her. Until she got something in the mail saying if Yelena didn't attend school they would take Nat to court. They didn't need that.

"Come on Yel time to get up." She says shacking her lightly

"Five more minutes" Yelena mumbles into her pillow

"I made pancakes." Nat says smirking

Just like that Yelena sits right up hurrying her way to the kitchen.

Nat follows her out and hands her the butter and syrup. They eat quietly then Yelena goes to get ready for school while Natasha cleans up the breakfast mess.

"Come on or you're going to miss the bus" Nat yells from the kitchen just finishimg packing Yelenas lunch

Yelena comes running out grabs her things and they walk to the bus stop together since it's kinda far and Nat doesn't like Yelena walking alone.

"Please try to have a good day? Schools almost over" Nat says

"It's not my fault. They start it." Yelena replies raising her voice a bit but not yelling.

"I know and if they put their hands on you then beat their ass but you don't start the fight." She says

"I never start the fight" Yelena argues

"Don't lie to me. I know you Yelena and you don't take people crap. I'm not saying to just sit there and let them make fun of you. I'm just saying you don't need to cause a scene and if you really want to fight them so bad do it out of school."

"Ok fine, I love you." Yelena says giving Nat a hug as the bus pulls up

"I love you to." Nat says

And they both go their seperate ways.

On the bus Yelena sits in the only seat left as she's the last stop. Right in front of the kids she hates. The track team. They make fun of her all the time. They hate her bacause she out ran them in gym one time. It's not her fault she was forced to work on her stamima and agility everyday since she was 7.

"Oh look who's back." One of them says but they don't mess with her any more. Yet.

The bus finally drops them off at school and they all go to their classes. Everything is going good untill second period. Gym. Where she has to deal with the the track team again.

"Hey Yelena was that you sister this morning? She's kind of hot." One of the boys who are apart of the group who make fun of her everyday says

"Ew no she's not she's fat." Says one of the girls apart of the same group

"She's pregnant" Yelena says quitly not likeing how they are talking about Nat but also not wanting to cause a problem

"Oh so she's a slut." The girls says smiling

"No" Yelena replies trying to calm herself down

"Well she not maried right?" Another girl asks

"No but that doesnt make her a slut so don't call her one." Yelena finally snaps

"What was that sorry I can't understand you, your accents really strong. Maybe you should work on that." The girl says pouting like she's pretending to feel bad for her. The same insult she uses every day.

Right when Yelena is about to pounce on her the gym teacher comes in and starts class.

The rest of the school day went by with not to many problems. A sly comment there or them telling everyone to not let her sit with them at lunch. But they've done that all year.

When they dismiss and Yelena's standing outside waiting for the bus to come the kids walk up to her. She's still really mad about this morning so she doesn't know if she can keep her cool.

Nobody talks about her sister like that.

"Hey Yelena I have a question for you." One of the girls says

Not waiting for an answer she starts talking again.

"Where are your parents.?" She asks

"They died." Yelena says simply. Thats the story her and Nat came up with if anyone asks. Their parents died in a car crash so Nat took Yelena in.

"What they killed them selves?" She asks

"No they died in a car crash." Yelena says sticking to the story.

"Are you sure they didnt cause the crash intentionally? Becuase if you were my daughter that what I'd do." She says

Yelena ignores her

"I'm suprised your sister even took you in I mean her life could probaly be so much easier without you." She says with that fake pout again.

Thats what finally makes Yelena snap. It's something she's always though about. Nats life would be so much easier with out her. The constant phone calls home from school. The extra money they need to support more than one person. Soon she will have to take care of a baby and Yelena on top of it. Not to mention how much easier it would have been for Nat to eacape the redroom on her own. She makes everything harder.

Yelena punches the girl in the face over and over and over again. She blanks out not remembering what happens. Next thing she knows she's being pulled of by a police officer, put in handcuffs, and is on her way to the station.