"I could eat" Trace agreed and I nodded along. With a nod from Bradshaw he had all of the windows rolled down and turned up the radio which was playing old classics. The stray hairs that had fallen from my French braid, blew in the wind as we cruised down the old road out of the base.

A few notes played from the next song and Bradshaw was cranking the music even louder, Trace wearing a confused look from the backseat as she tried to recall the song but couldn't.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain" Bradshaw began to sing out loud and proud while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "Too much love drives a man insane" he continued. "You broke my will. But what a thrill"

"Goodness gracious great balls of fire!" The two of us cheered out with bright smiles.

"Woah" Trace laughed from the backseat with amusement.

The three of us climbed out of his truck when we pulled up to a seaside dinner. Bradshaw held the door open for both of us as we walked in and sat in a booth, just like normal with Trace and I beside each other and Bradshaw across from us.

"Hello Folks, what can I get you today?" The sweet waitress asked as she stood at the end of our table with her pen and notepad ready.

"I'll have the traditional breakfast, eggs sunny side up with bacon and coffee" Trace said, closing up her menu to hand over to the waitress.

"I'll have the pancakes" I smiled handing over my own menu and eager to eat non military food.

"And to drink?" She wondered.

"Coffee please"

"And you?" She turned to Bradshaw.

"I'll take the traditional breakfast as well with coffee" he agreed, nodding towards Trace as he gave the woman the last menu.

"I'll bring that right over" she said before walking off towards the kitchen.

The three of us chatted mindlessly over our meals. Though the conversation always came back to flying as naval aviators.

"Who knows, maybe you could end up flying with one of us" Trace suggested to me with an idea.

"Maybe" I shrugged back, not opposed to flying with one of my friends.

"Here's the bill" the waitress came over after taking our empty plates from us.

"I've got it" Bradshaw claimed, reaching out for it.

"We are more than capable of paying for our own meals" I challenged as Trace agreed from beside me.

"I know, but I invited you both out so it's my treat" Bradshaw said, taking the bill before we could argue any further and leaving the waitress a tip.

"You are the worst" Trace muttered to him as he held the dinner door open for us on our way out.

Leaving the car in the parking lot we walked down the beachside stores, looking at what the small town had to offer.

Bradshaw, Trace and I spent a good hour in a record shop listening to old tunes before moving onto some other stores. Trace took me to a small clothing store where I had bought myself a new baseball hat, Trace teasing me about it as I asked for her opinion.

When Bradshaw had finally found us Trace and I were having a mini fashion show in the dressing rooms, dancing around to the music that played over the speakers and laughing with each other.

As the evening came to an end the three of us walked back to the truck along the beach. Trace and I were walking side by side in the sand when we looked over to find Bradshaw splashing through the shallow waves like a child.