Location: It's a secret ;)

Heather couldn't help the smile forming on her lips. Normally, she would have found something like this to be quite cringe but when it came from Alejandro, she found it cute. She smiled and quickly typed a reply back: I can't wait to see you too ♥️

She sighed as she put her phone away and diverted her attention back to her computer. Now, she just had to tackle the massive Excel spreadsheet in front of her and the rest of her work day.

***

That evening, Heather stood in front of her mirror as she smoothed her hair and got ready for her dinner date with Alejandro. She swung open her wardrobe door and did a careful scan; she had a large collection of her favorite red dresses, but today she decided to go for a different color. Eventually, she opted for a navy blue maxi dress with spaghetti straps paired with black heels, and completed the look with a gentle smokey-eye make up.

Literally one minute after she had finished getting ready, the doorbell rang, signalling that Alejandro had arrived.

Perfect timing, she thought to herself and smiled.

She lifted the bottom of her dress and then happily raced down the stairs to open the door.

Alejandro stood at the door, holding a bouquet of red roses, and wearing a black suit with a navy blue shirt.

"You look stunning, mi amor," he breathed as he handed the roses to her and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Mr Burromuerto," Heather smirked. "How come you're not wearing your usual red shirt?"

"I thought I'd change it up a little," Alejandro grinned. "How come you're not wearing red also? Not that I'm complaining, because you could be wearing a potato sack and still look like you could take on the world."

"Way to ruin a romantic moment," Heather rolled her eyes. "But to answer your question, I thought I'd change it up a little too," she added with a tiny giggle.

"I guess that makes us unintentionally matching," Alejandro smirked again.

"Great minds think alike," Heather agreed.

Alejandro took her hand and they made their way together down the elevator and to Alejandro's car.

Once they arrived at their dinner destination, Heather gasped as soon as she saw the name of the fancy Japanese restaurant Alejandro had taken her. "Wait, how did you know I've been wanting to try out the food at this place?"

"Because I've seen you look through the menu on their website three times already," Alejandro chuckled.

"You remembered that?" Heather asked him, as she shyly cocked her head to the side.

"Sí. It's the little things, mi amor," he gently whispered.

Heather could feel her heart melt with happiness at the thought that someone cared about her like that, let alone the fact that it was Alejandro. In the time since they'd begun dating, Alejandro had always made thoughtful gestures towards her. He stuck to his promises, and when he said something, he wouldn't just say it; he'd also show her that he meant it.

"Shall we?" Alejandro said as he held out his arm. Heather nodded and linked her arm with his. The two of them walked inside the restaurant, where a waiter led them to a nice table facing the window with a view to the city landscape.

"I'm going to get the 'Tokyo ramen'," Alejandro decided as he flipped through the menu.

"You've decided already?" Heather rested her head on her chin. "This is like the fourth time I'm reading through their menu and I still can't decide."