Chapter 26: Questions

Start from the beginning

"Oh. . .really?. . .I. . .was?"

Kanao smiled with what she was sure enough to be relief. Although his answer wasn't much, it was still an answer. She's fine with just that.

"I'm glad. . .that you're awake."

Good. . .I thought he was gonna die! A mysterious cat thinks to itself in the corner while trembling and shaking before disappearing.

A random Kakushi in the clean up crew by the name of Goto walks in the room, immediately notice of the door being open. Originally, Goto planned to deliver a gift to what he thought was still an unconscious Tanjiro.

His eyes first laid sight of the broken vase on the floor. With his job being part of the Kakushi, this annoyed him because he had to pick it up.

He then walks over to Kano, completely missing Tanjiro's consciousness. "Um, i'm putting the castella here. If it looks like it's going bad, you can throw it away or eat it."

"Th. . .thank. . .you. . ." Tanjiro managed to be kind even when he's not in the best condition.

Goto paused when he heard Tanjiro speak, finally seeing that he's awake. "He. . .He's awake?! You should be more excited! You really are spacey!"

He began to scold Kanao with his eyes nearly popping out of his eye socket. "You shoulda called someone!!! And said he woke up! You dummy! Everyone is worried! Rank's don't matter! Not at a time like this!"

He then went towards the door and shouted, "Kiyo! Sumi! Naho! Aoi! Tanjiro has regained consciousness!"

The three little girls were the first to rush in with tears as they bombarded Tanjiro with their worries. Aoi soon rushed in the room with laundry over her head which scared the three little girls.

"GYAAAH! A ghost!"

"Oh. . .It's Aoi tangled up in the laundry."

Tears formed in Aoi's eyes as she moved beside Tanjiro's bed. "I'm glad he woke up! They went instead of me so they got hurt!" She cried and let her tears fall while Kanao awkwardly pats her back.

"Thank. . .you. Everyone. . .else, are they. . .alright?" Tanjiro asked very quietly, not being able to talk to fast or too loud.

"The yellow haired one. . .was it two days ago?" Goto paused and questioned, having one of the girls say a quick 'yep' before he continues. "He's active again. He's on a mission, but reluctantly."

"Zenitsu woke up the next day." Naho said.

"The sound Hashira was walking but leaning on his wives' shoulders All the kukushi were shocked at how durable he is. They were incredibly shocked." Goto finished, putting emphasis on the word 'incredibly.'

"Oh. . .and Inosuke?" Tanjiro questioned, he was well aware that Nezuko was fine. She's a demon after all, she didn't need more than a few seconds to heal.

"Inosuke's condition was really bad." Aoi continued to cry as she thought about it. "The poison got deep in him, so he was slow to use breathing to stop the bleeding."

"Oh. . .in that case. . .I must be hallucinating him clinging to the ceiling."

Everyone immediately looked up and immediately the three little girls (plus Goto) screamed when seeing Inosuke cling to the ceiling. "What are you doing?!"

Inosuke laughed. "Good job noticing me, Tanjiro!"

"Well. . .I'm lying back, so..." Tanjiro loosely and tiredly smiles.

Inosuke suddenly jumps down, somehow managing to avoid hurting Tanjiro. "I woke up seven days before you!"

"Good. . .You're amazing. . .Inosuke."