𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10

--

--

--

"The Aldini Takumi and Aldini Isami pair have passed!"

"Grazie!" The pair fist pumped.

The both of you went up. Mikitani held the dish and presented to the former second seat.

Secretly, a million thoughts raced through your mind. 

Will our dish be as good at the Aldini's? Their skillset as chefs are extraordinary. Not to mention, how well they compliment each other in the kitchen. They truly work together as one mind. They must have restaurant experience of some kind in order to be this adaptive.

"Hmm, you're second to arrive. Following close behind the other pair I see." The aroma suddenly caught her. What was that warm, inviting fragrance? 

You spoke up. "Our dish is a Japanese egg and boar curry soup. We hope you enjoy." Mikitani and you both bowed. 

A beautiful light brown broth awaited her. Two halves of an egg revealed it's yellow runny center, oozing its golden treasure into the green slender noodles. Fried shallots, finely chopped with some green onion sat upon the throne of minced up boar. 

She took a spoonful, gently blowing on it before taking a bite. Immediately her eyes widened and a wild blush concealed her features. 

Instead of a wild boar grunting, chasing her desirers away. The creature found herself embracing the mist empress. No longer was its gamey demeanor a fearful image, rather her gaminess was a force to reckon with.

She could hear the nymphs of the forest, some tapping at their drums. Others, listened to the deep resonant sound, harmoniously playing their gentle flutes. 

Nutty, rich, but sweet? 

Oh how she wanted to stay in the forest, listening to tunes of the sweet nymphs with the boar by her side. 

She looked down, a small smile embraced her features. She partially saw her reflection in the broth. 

As she stood up, everyone's attention was raised. Just what was she doing?

You and Mikitani looked at each other, worried. 

Tenderly, she grabbed each of your hands, rubbing them soothingly. "The both of you have passed. There's no need to explain your dish. The dish spoke for itself." 

You raised your eyebrow, surprised by her sudden gentleness. 

She then leaned in, whispering in your ear, "Please cook for me again Romero-chan. I want to keep tasting your food." 

You whispered back, "Only if you cook for me Chef Inui."

She raised her fist to her mouth. "Deal." 

...