You Are At The Opera

Start from the beginning

"Do you know it?" Billy shyly asked, and Finney swallowed the lump in his throat and knew that he had to give a normal response.

"It's my favourite musical." Finney told Billy, hoping that would erase his awkward reaction from the equation. It certainly did, as Billy's eyes lit up, and all of a sudden the tall boy was leaning over that table to excitedly talk to Finney.

"Oh my god, it's my favourite to!" Billy excitedly. Billy started talking about the show, and how he had been so excited that it had been performed at the local theatre last year. Finney felt a spike of fear go through him, at the mention of the local theatre, and he knew he had to divert away from the local performance.

"What's your favourite song?" Finney figured that was a good way to keep the topic on the musical, but more it a way from the local performance. This was seemingly the right decision. As Billy once again started to excitedly ramble.

"I love Prologue, but I also love letters for the tune." Finney felt like he had just opened the door to something it he wasn't sure yet. Finney looked as if he was in thought before he replied.

"Those are good ones, my favourite's Sonya Alone." Finney told him, as he tried his best to not let the grin cover his entire face. Billy was delighted with his response.

"That's a really good one, but it's so sad." Billy told him, as he sat back down, and he saw Griffin shaking his head.

"Robin, we are going to have to put up with these two dorks for the rest of our lives." Robin chuckled and he felt Robin lean into his side.

"Yeah, we are, but their our dorks." Robin softly said, as he leaned his head against Finney's shoulder. Finney stiffened and he looked up at Billy and Griffin who were wearing knowing smiles that Finney couldn't figure out for the life of him why.

"Oh shoot, I left my math book in my locker." Billy said, as he rustled through his bag. The boy stood up, and shouted over his shoulder

"I'm going to go get it." Griffin immediately stood up, and jogged after the other, shouting that they'll be back in five minutes. That left Finney with Robin, who was still leaning on his shoulder. A silence grew over them, which was broken by Robin, muttering something, that Finney couldn't quite catch.

"Sorry, what did you say?" He asked, as he turned his head toward Robin, and he just then registered how close his and Robin's face had become. He tried not to think about it to hard.

"Sorry, about being weird this morning." Robin repeated, as he pointedly avoided eye contact with Finney.

"It's ok, but did I do something?" Finney inquired, fearing he may of done something to upset Robin, he didnt know wha he could've done, but if he had caused some sort of slight he wanted to fix it. Robin had seen the gears turning in Finney's head and immediately soothed the boy.

"Hey, Finn no, you didn't do anything." Robin gently whispered, and Finney felt himself calm down at the words of reassurance, but that left a nagging question in the back of his head.

"So what happened?" Finney, hoped that it was something that he could help Robin with. Robin looked up at him, and his eyes looked murky in thought, before he let out a sigh.

"It's stupid." Robin muttered into Finney's shoulder. Finney hummed in response and let his own head rest on top of Robin's.

"It's not stupid if it upset you." He could feel Robin stiffen under his touch for a moment, and he considered moving away, but then.

"I had a nightmare." Robin said, and went on to explain.

"I had this stupid nightmare, that you were trapped in this room-" Finney stiffened and hoped, that Robin didn't feel it, and thankfully it seemed he didn't as he continued.