I'll Be Coming Home (Wait For Me)

Summary:

Finney puts an end to things.

Notes:

Trigger Warning: The Grabber being creepy, and death. (Not of the kids.)

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

The Grabber looked him up and down once more, he was wearing sunglasses so Finney could not see his eyes. Finney could however, see the way he licked his lips when he looked him up and down.

"You came." The Grabber sounded absolutely delighted, and Finney repressed a shiver at the sound of the man's voice. Finney shrugged his shoulders and The Grabber chuckled, his sunglasses slipped slightly but he was quick to push them back over his eyes.

"I'll let you sit in the front, how's that?" Finney shrugged his shoulders again and The Grabber seemed disappointed in the lack of reaction. But nonetheless Finney heard the click, as the door unlocked. Through the rolled down window he could see The Grabber adjusting his grip on the steering wheel, his hands shifted, almost excitedly, as he waited for Finney's next move.

Finney looked down at the empty street. He took a deep breath. He allowed his lungs to be filled with fresh air for what would probably be the last time. He pulled the van door open and sat down in the seat. Finney could feel the anticipation rolling off The Grabber in waves. Finney went to pull the door shut, but when he reached his hand out he was met with nothing but air.

He turned his head towards The Grabber, who only smiled at him. Finney glanced back towards the open door, and pulled it shut by the open window. As soon as the door was shut he heard the click of the lock sliding into place. The Grabber turned around and reached for something behind his seat. Finney risked a glance to the back of the van.

It was almost entirely empty, with the exception of some scraps of paper and dirt littering the floor. He could make out the doors at the back of the van and he noted that they still had their handles attached. The Grabber had turned back around, having retrieved whatever he was grabbing, he took note of Finney glancing towards the back doors.

"They're padlocked from the outside." The Grabber firmly said as he fiddled with the object in his hands. Finney turned back around and did everything in his power to make it seem like the words had no effect on him. Without looking up from whatever he was fiddling with, The Grabber said, "Buckle up." Finney did as he was told, and after he clicked his seatbelt into place he felt a large hand wrapping around his wrist. The grip was uncomfortably tight, and it was almost painful the way The Grabber yanked his hand towards him. He felt something brushing against his skin.

"Give me your other hand." Finney hesitantly put his other hand out, he looked down and saw that the object that had brushed against his wrist was a rope. The Grabber let go of his wrist and was quick to tie a knot around Finney's wrists. The Grabber pulled away, and looked as if he could be admiring his work. But then he reached for the top again and tied a second knot.

There was no way Finney would be able to undo the binding on his wrist, and The Grabber was certainly sure of this as he pulled away and started the van. The engine came to life, and Finney heard the window beside him rolling up. They began driving down the completely deserted street.

Although The Grabber was wearing sunglasses, Finney could tell that he was glancing at him every few seconds. Finney dared to turn his head and look at the last person who was ever going to see Finney alive. The Grabber looked pleased that Finney had turned to look at him as a big smile came across the lower half of his face.