Darkar's burning soul

Start from the beginning

She starts using her legs, trying to kick me, moving her shoulders to get out of my grip. Still spitting flames like a dragon, as if I would get affected by it.

"Let me go!" She sounds like she just escaped from a mental hospital. "I'll kill you! I'll kill everyone!" She yells and then she just screams. It feels like some type of exorcism. It is some type of exorcism. "Calm down." I say, tightly holding her. My grip tightens when she continues to shake and even tries to bite me. I don't care about my room getting burned. Conjuring new furniture is easier than anything else. But a burnt soul is irreplaceable. "Bloom. Calm down." I repeat. Her screaming turns into crying. She will hear me.

"I'm here." I say into her ear and she calms down a little bit, stopping with the kicking and screaming. My grip stays tight. Her chest is going up and down really fast. Or is it mine? Maybe both. She stops resisting and trying to get out of my grip. I can hear how she's gasping for air, trying to catch her breath. I know she feels like she has water in her lungs. "It's okay." I say and notice how exhausted I am.

I walk backwards, not letting her go and lean on the wall before I slide down, with her in my arms. Her hair is wet from the sweat. Or is it mine? Maybe both.

She's shaking. I lick my dry lips. She gets lighter. Not only her but also her hair. I wipe the sweat on her forehead away with one hand while I still hold her with my other arm.

"I don't want to feel like this anymore..." She says, stuttering and shaking. There she is. There's that soft voice. Her fire is gone and now she's freezing. I light up myself to keep her warm. "I know. It's okay. Don't worry. You won't have to..." I say, still a little bit out of breath. She holds onto my arms with both hands. She's back. Bloom is back...

My grip tightens a little more when I notice that she's holding onto me as if her life is depending on it. She almost disappears in my arms, as if she's hiding from something. I wipe the wet hair out of her face.

"You're bleeding." She notices, sounding like she can't even keep her eyes open. Her tongue is heavy. I almost forgot about it. "I know." I say and wait until she falls asleep in my arms.

Bloom

My head is hurting and my eyes are swollen. My body feels heavy. It feels like I'm being pressed into the mattress. Which is way softer than my mattress...

Wait.

This isn't my mattress. The sheets smell fresh but there's a scent that I can smell on them. It smells like Cigars, wood and candles. Like him...

I open my eyes and notice that I'm not in my room. I'm too exhausted to panic but it's scary. My brain is working way slower than usually right now.

I look around. There's a desk in front of high shelves that are filled with books. High windows and more shelves with magical stuff. Wands, herbs, stones and so much more. I feel like I know this room. It seems like I've already been here before. Must be. How else did I end up here? I sit up and lean against the big, fluffy pillow my head was laying on. The aesthetic and the aura of this room is so dark and deep that the sheets, fluffy pillows and soft mattress doesn't match it at all.

Why am I here?

My heart drops when Valtor walks in. Why is he here? Why am I here with him? No...

He looks so different I almost didn't recognize him. Instead of the long coat and the white shirt he's wearing a black turtleneck pullover with black cargo pants. It feels awkward to see him in clothes like these. He looks like a handsome young man, with a sense for fashion, who could be a student at an university and the crush of every female he walks past and not like a thousand years old magician, who is a psychopath, about to destroy everything he sees.