Darkar's burning soul

Start from the beginning

"Stab me and I promise I'll hurt you worse." I say and grab the candle holder on my desk. This will be a fair fight. I don't care if she's a woman. I'll hit her if I have to.

Will she actually stab me? Yes. Will I actually hit her with a candle holder? Maybe.

She laughs. As if she's not taking me serious. That's a mistake. It provokes me and makes me really mad. Really mad...

"Good luck." She says and before I can calculate her next move she swings at me again and gives me a deep cut on my left upper arm. I inhale sharply, feeling the burning pain but I won't show her that it actually hurts. It will feed her eager and she will feel stronger but if I act like it didn't harm me, she'll get frustrated and that will distract her. It's not like I need to distract her to win but it will make it less painful.

The more she approaches me, swinging that knife at me, I back off. She screams, totally frustrated and desperate because I keep dodging her attacks. It can't keep going like that. That's why I hit her head with the candle holder. Not too hard because I don't want her to die yet, even though this could be the perfect time for it. She gets dizzy and holds onto the edge of my bed, sinking a little bit because it's soft.

"Get yourself back together." I'm also out of breath. Faster than expected. I take a step towards her because she doesn't seem to be able to continue. How stupid of me to think that. She screams. "Back off!" And swings at me again. This time she is so close that I can feel the tip of the knife slightly slide over the skin of my throat. My eyes widen because she got this close to ending me. She's going too far. Way too far. I gave her some space and a chance but she's actually taking advantage of it and I won't let her hurt me.

I grab her wrist with one hand and the knife with the other. It doesn't matter to me that the sharp side of the knife cuts deep into my palm when I take it away from her. Blood drips down my wrist and she looks annoyed because I managed to take it away from her. I throw it across the room and she looks at me, as if she's going to bite me like a vampire that will kill me by sucking all my blood away. Instead of doing that, she punches me and that activates some cells in my brain. It aggravates me so much that I have the urge to strangle her. My blood starts boiling and I slap her. For a second I feel the burning pain of regret. Her head swings back but then she turns to me again. She's not affected. Not a bit. The only change is that there's some of my blood on her cheek. I hit her with the cut hand.

"Touch me one more time..." Her voice is shaking. She is about to freak out. I've already seen many magicians, magical beings and even normal people lose their mind but I've never seen someone like Bloom being on the edge, ready to get pushed. One trigger and she will go crazy. I don't know what she's capable of when she's out of her mind but I will find out. Her eyes are filled with tears.

One of those who cry when being angry and frustrated... I like that.

I need to see more. I need to get the worst out of her. Literally.

I slap her one more time and she gasps in pain. This one hurt and that's good. She's about to burn this castle down. Her chin starts shaking and she has a hard time breathing. Suddenly she starts attacking me with her burning fists, trying to hit me, punch me, slap me, burn me but I stop all of her moves. That drives her insane. I can see it in her eyes...

"Come on. Hurt me." I say and provoke her with that because I still don't let her hit me. Attacking her was wrong. Provoking her with words is enough.

"Shut up!" She screams. There's more than anger in her voice. There's pain. Frustration, disappointment. I want more of that. So I stop her by grabbing her face tightly before I slap her again. This time even harder and that's when she loses it. She has a mental breakdown. She starts screaming and yelling, her whole body is standing in flames and her fire is spreading everywhere. I get behind her and wrap my arms around her so she can't throw her arms around. Her fire is strong and there's a lot of black magic in it. It's not her magic...