Venom thinks it must be the nosey reporter in her that always makes her ask such odd questions. But he enjoys them all, nonetheless. He feels an odd sort of preening when she asks him any question. That she wants to hear his input makes him feel wanted by her. And that she sometimes actually asks for his real worldly – universal – knowledge makes him feel important to her.

Venom reluctantly pulls away from her solid warmth (and delicious figure), his head now floating in front of her as he arches an invisible brow in question. Why do you ask me such weird questions, Eddie? You don’t ask anyone else weird questions... well, apart from Annie. But I know you only do that to annoy her, so it doesn’t count.” He sounds slightly amused as he speaks, slightly teasing, as usual.

Eddie shrugs, honestly answers with, “No idea. They literally just come to me right off the cuff.”

Venom chuckles.

Eddie narrows her eyes, suspicion clear in her eyes, and her hand with her keys still raised and paused in mid air. “What would happen?” She asks again, with her own brow now raised expectantly back at him.

“Nothing. Because I cannot do that, Eddie.” Venom states, like that just explains everything.

Eddie chuckles. “It’s OK, V. I won’t get mad. It’s just a hypothetical. I just wondered, is all.” She states with a casual little shrug (and Venom fights the urge to look at those pretty bared shoulders of hers, all covered in that pretty colourful ink – so vibrant compared to his own oily blackness.

“No – I mean I physically cannot do that, Eddie.”

“Oh.” And now, Eddie just feels stupid. Damn, she really must be tired.

Venom fights back the urge to let his tendrils wonder over to those perfectly juicy swells of her breasts. Instead, he uses talking to distract himself. “I cannot kill my host. Basic symbiote biology. It goes against my genetic programming. Our perfect host makes us the best version of ourselves, and in return, we give you life... power.”

By now, Eddie pretty much knows the gist, but nonetheless, she still finds herself slightly breathless at his words. Of course, it doesn’t help that he practically purrs them out while looking rather adoringly back at her. How can her heart not flutter?

The apartment door behind Eddie suddenly opens, a loud and familiarly grating voice instantly filling their comfortable silence. “Yeah, so, I totally had her gagging by the end of the night... if ya know what I me–OH, shit!”

Eddie rolls her eyes to herself, while Venom peeks slowly around her shoulder to glare at their neighbour.

“Uh, hey, man, uh, Mister Venom, sir... I, wasn’t, uh, I mean, I don’t want no trouble or nothing, I’m just out here to –“

Venom huffs, his tone disappointed as he tells the quivering mess of a human, “Even scaring you is boring!” He turns to Eddie, incredulous as he asks her, “I didn’t even KNOW it was possible for intimidation to be so tedious, Eddie! HOW is that possible?!” He growls in annoyance when he sees the guy holding up both his hands and quite near to pissing his pants (from what Venom can smell), grunts out his next words, “Just go.”

“Oh, thank you, sir!

Eddie finally lets out a laugh as she watches the guy sprint off as fast as he possibly can, laughs again when he almost trips over his own ankles and down the stairwell. She glances back to Venom, who just stares after the poor guy with an irritated scowl. “You know you’re gonna give him a heart attack one day, right?”