Chapter 15

If you go Ill stay, you come back, Ill be right here

-say yes to heaven

That night I stood behind the drop ship in the woods, away from prying eyes. In that moment all the pent up emotions that I have been bottling up finally erupts like a volcano. Tears stream down my face and I have to press my hand against my mouth to hold back a scream.

I fall onto my knees, holding onto my already flat stomach, wishing my baby was still inside. My body shakes with every sob that goes through my body and i just cant stop crying, all the pain and sadness is just too much for me to bear. I have no idea how I will get over this, how will I get over the death of my baby? How will I be able to do this alone?

As I look into a woods I see Bellamy staring right back at me, sitting against a tree, with tears running down his face as well. Making me realize, I was not the only one who lost my daughter, because she was his daughter as well, and even if we never got to meet her, we loved her.

-------------

There was a new sort of calm as I walked through camp two days later, two days after the explosion of the bridge. There had been no attack from the Grounders or any indication that they were coming for us. The mountain Men that Octavia had warned us about had also not made an appearance, solidifying that me and Bellamys assumption that maybe Lincoln was lying.

The illness had mostly ran its course and passed through camp. Most of those who had been sick had made a full recovery sans a handful who succumbed to the sickness. The victims of the illness brought our total death count up to fourteen (Fifteen if you count my daughter as well). Meaning there were eighty seven of us left.

We all knew that eighty seven wasnt many when taking into consideration how many Grounders were likely to be out there, but we were still positive that we could put up a fight.

I had not spoken to Bellamy since our shooting practice a few days earlier. I have been avoiding him for over a day, but for some reason I still cant get him out of my head, I know I should move on, but I really fucking loved him, only love makes you so crazy and so damn stupid.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Finn asked, joining me as I gathered wood for the fire in the meat house we had built.

I turned to look at him, keeping my expression neutral and calm, "Just thinking about the Grounders." I lied, not that I cared if he believed it, he should mind it own business.

It seems like he bought it because he gave me a small smile, "Try not to think about it" he advised and I want to tell him that if he is trying to get me to be his side piece number two then he is mistaken because I am not Clarke. He picks up a log that had fell from the pile in my arms, "Now what do you say we go see how Raven is going?"

I nodded as I readjusted the logs in my arms, "Im just gonna go take these to Octavia." Im in no mood to continue talking to him, so Ill go check on my best friend when he isnt near me.

"Okay, Ill meet you at the ammo tent then, yeah?" Does he ever just fucking shut up, he ignites an anger and hate in me that I dont even have for Bellamy, all i want to do is rip his fucking tongue out of his mouth and feed it to the animals.

After he departed I exhaled blowing hair out of my eyes as I looked back to where Bellamy was. Clarke was speaking to him but he turned his head slightly, his eyes catching mine. My heart sped up when his eyes darkened, I turned quickly on my heal and made my way over to the smoke house.

The whole way through camp, I just couldnt get my ex out of my head, the way he smirked at me, looked at me, touched me, fucked me, in the past was constantly filling my head.

"You can set it down there Ivy." Octavia instructed, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I hadnt realized I was standing at the smoke house until she spoke.

"Here," Murphy said with a warm smile, swooping in and taking the wood from my arms, "I got it."

I sent him a warm smile, he was so nice to me, he was so worried about me when I lost my baby, it just made me realize that even though I havent known him for long, he was a good side in him, the others just need to see it as well. "Thank you Murphy"

I turned to Octavia, "Im gonna go check on Raven unless you guys need some help in here."

She turned from what she was doing and shook her head, "No you go, well be okay in here."

I gave her a small smile before leaving and making my way to the tent where Raven was working on making more bullets. As I entered the tent I could feel the awkward tension between Finn and Raven.

It seems like I had caught them in the middle of a conversation as they both stopped talking and turned to look at me as soon as I entered ''Am I interrupting?'' I asked, pausing at the entrance.

Finn let out a frustrate sigh as he shook his head, ''No, I was just leaving. See you later Raven.'' He mumbled, brushing past me as he went to leave.

''Wait!'' Raven called, standing up to face him, ''Were good, we are. I just want you to be happy.''

Then it hit me, and all I wanted was to kill Finn. He had chosen Clarke over Raven, he chose his side piece over a girl who had stuck with him for his entire life. He chose the girl he fucked a few times, over the girl who would die for him without a second thought.

Before anyone could say anything, a loud bang from outside the tent followed by people yelling. The three of us shared worried looks before rushing out to see what was going on.

As we emerged into tent we saw the meat house where I had just been, up in flames.

My mind instantly went to Octavia and Murphy and I immediately broke into a run, "Octavia, Murphy!" I gasped rushing into the scene to insure that my new friends were okay. Luckily as I neared I saw Octavia sitting beside Bellamy who was checking her over and Bellamy was pacing around the camp.

"We're okay Ivy," Her eyes met mine and I sat down beside her making sure she was actually okay.

"What happened?" I asked looking into the fire that was getting increasingly larger by the minute, burning all the food we had left.

"Ill tell you what happened." Murphy spat, lunging toward a boy who I had seen leaving the smoke house earlier, "This is all your fault, she told you it was too much wood!" He yelled shoving the boy backwards.

The boy shoved him back and it seemed like a fight was going to break out until Bellamy stepped in, "Thats enough!" he ordered, splitting the two boys apart. "Save it for the Grounders" He muttered to Murphy.

I got up and I walked over to Murphy, wanting to make sure he was okay as well, and that he didnt get burned by the fire.

"Bell, what are we going to do now?" Octavia questioned, "That was all the food!"

Bellamy pursed his lips as he looked into the fire and then back to the group. By the look on his face I could tell he didnt know what we were going to do, meaning yet another obstacle we had to over come if we wanted any chance at surviving the Grounder attack.

"are you okay?" I whisper to Murphy and he gave me a tight nod with a small smile, but I knew it was forced, he just wanted to assure me.

No food meant no energy which meant there was no way we could put up any kind of fight. To put it frankly, we were screwed.

- an -

Hey guys, so I just wanted to apologize if my writing isnt the best, this is my first book that Im writing, but I am really trying hard to write the best that I can, so I hope you enjoy the story.