2:3 You Remind Me Of Someone I Used To Know

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, sorry, I-I haven't seen him." Alaric said, handing back the photo of the missing kid. "Like I said, I'm pretty new here." Alaric repeated.

The officer took back the photo. "Well, his teammates last saw him at the Old Mill, by the Salvatore School." She started explaining. "We found his truck abandoned, and his hunting rifle nearby." She had a small smile on her face.

Alaric nodded as he took in the information. "Okay. Well, I will check with his classmates and his teachers. I wish I could be more helpful, but like I said, I'm still getting to know the students." He softly chuckled, taking a a breathe. "And the sheriff." He smiled. The cop just stared. "I was friends with the old one." He stated as she did look confused.

When he said that she shoo her head, jokingly. "Please, no more stories about how great Sheriff Donovan was. H-His shoes are already big enough." You watched the interaction between the two, she already has a crush on him. "And this is my first real case since I moved from the city." Alaric hummed in response. "Truthfully, I didn't mind that my biggest concern up to this point was a rash of missing dogs." She paused. "Maybe they're connected." She whispered.

"Maybe." He responded, chuckling.

She got up, giggling with a big smile on her face. "I'll leave you my phone number. Call me anytime." She said as she walked off, shutting the door behind her.

Alaric watched her leave. "Did you get all that?" He questioned, you becoming visible as he turned around.

You nodded, smiling as you were sat in his seat. "Yeah. She's definitely into you." You smiled, tilting your head, looking between his eyes.

Alaric started laughing. "What? No. No, she's just new to town, trying to make friends." Alaric tried making up an excuse. "Which is exactly what you need to be doing." Alaric turned the tables on you.

You looked at him, surprised he'd turn this on you. "Yeah, well, tried that last year. Didn't really work out." You motioned to you and everyone not remembering you. "So I'm gonna focus on monster slaying." You continued, putting your feet up on the table.

Alaric walked forward, towards the desk. "Well, it sounds like there could be another monster lurking around the Salvatore School. So I'll check in with Dorian, since he has access to research we don't." He explained, looking down at you. "Any other ideas?" He questioned.

You took your feet off the table and got up. "Just one, but, uh, we're both going to hate it." You gave him a smile.

————

Hope was sat in the assembly hall, listening to Vardemus speak. "As you are well aware, it's time for the annual American football match with Mystic Falls High." He started, students groans already filling the room. "Today, you will not be forced to lose a game so that humans can feel superior. Every one of you is special. Every one of you. And it's time you showed it." He raised his voice a little, applause now filling the room.

Hope rolled her eyes, football isn't her thing but she knew you loved playing it with your dad when you were younger so she was gonna do it for you, even if you were already back from escaping Malivore.

Josie decided to stand up. "How?" She questioned.

"By using your powers in moderation, Ms. Saltzman." He responded. "The goal is not exposure, merely to win. Think of it as an exercise in control." He continued, Josie sitting down.