Chapter 20

(934 words)

Your POV

A couple days since Dumbledore was found dead in the court yard have passed. The teachers have been scarce as they try to figure out what happened and what to do next. The halls were quiet, everything that was normally happy wasn't any longer. We were outside of the castle, sitting in a spot that no one else was, Harry looking at me.

"What do you know about what happened?"

He sighs for a moment.

"Well?"

He glances at me for a moment. "Dumbledore and I went to get a Horcrux, we have to destroy them to be able to get rid of Voldemort for good. After we got back and before I could leave the tower, someone came in and I was told to hide by Dumbledore. All of it was a waste because the Horcrux we brought back, isn't even the real one!"

I look at him as he shakes his head.

"Malfoy showed up in the tower and was going to kill Dumbledore, or at least he thought he was going to but Dumbledore knew that he couldn't do it. Before I could do anything to stop Malfoy, Snape was under the floor with me, and he told me to be quiet. When Snape had gotten upstairs with Dumbledore and Malfoy I thought I was going to stop Malfoy, I thought that would have been the end of it but I was wrong."

"What do you mean, Harry?"

"Snape, he didn't stop Malfoy from killing Dumbledore, Snape was the one that killed him."

I shook my head as my heart pounded. "No! He wouldn't they were friends."

"That's what I thought too, but after Dumbledore fell off of the tower, I followed them towards Hagrid's. They lit it on fire and I tried to get Snape to fight but he was a coward. I even tried to use that spell that the Half-Blood Prince created on him. And nothing! Snape knocked me down and walked over to me as I was on the grass. I thought he was going to kill me, but he kept Bellatrix from doing that since I'm supposed to be left for Voldemort. Do you know what he told me?"

"What?"

"He told me that he was the Half-Blood Prince."

Blinking as I stare at the wonder boy I shake my head. "No."

He nods as he stands up and grabs my arms. "No, I don't believe you, for all I know you could have been the one to kill Dumbledore!"

He shakes me slightly. "Why would I kill him? We were trying to get the Horcuxes together, if he's gone then I don't know where to even start to find them. You have to believe me. Snape killed him and he's the half-blood prince!"

Pushing him off of me I stand up. "Why would Snape do that? What is he doing?"

"He's working for Voldemort, he used to have a Death Eater past before he came to Hogwarts to teach. He was a spy for Voldemort. He knew what Dumbledore was doing, he told Voldemort and they killed him."

I shake my head as I pull on my hair, tears down my face as I don't want to believe what he was telling me. I get up to leave the room, hurrying down the hall. I didn't want to believe Harry, but everything pointed to Snape. With his background, with how he's been acting. Everything.

I was able to find him in his class, he appeared to be packing his desk. Slamming the door open I march over to him, my hands coming up to grab him by his robes.

"Tell me he's lying! Tell me you aren't the one that killed Dumbledore! Tell me you aren't the Half-Blood Prince!"

The tears were really falling now, looking up at him my eyes bouncing between his. He holds onto me slightly as he gives me a sigh.

"I can't tell you anything, but instead I can do this."

Looking at him for a moment as he wipes my face with his hands. Watching him as he picks something up off the desk, he hands me an old key. "Take it, It's for my house in Spinner's End. I want you there where I know you'll be safe. I will have a letter flown to you when I will be there to visit, until then no one is allowed into the house. Am I clear?"

Holding the key in my hand I look at him. "I don't want to be there by myself, I want you with me! I'm tired of you not being around, I don't like being alone all over again!"

He sighs as he looks at me, moving some of my hair from my face he leans down to put a kiss on my forehead. Only the feeling of his lips brushing my forehead as he stops before planting a full one.

"I know, there's things I need to do first."

"So I'm just supposed to wait for you to be back? I have to wait for you to decide when you want to tell me?"

Leaning back he looks at me. "It isn't I that's deciding not to tell you anything."

He watches me for a moment, as more tears fall down my face. Shaking his head as he closes his eyes he lets me go and steps away from me. "Do as I say."

I stand there, holding the key in my hand tightly. Hearing him leave the room, jumping as the door slams shut again once he's out of the room.