Chapter 10

(710 words) 

Your POV 

It's only maybe a month into summer break and I've been helping Professor Sprout plant mandrakes, Hagrid has asked me to help him catch Cornish Pixies and keeping Flesh Eating Slugs off the school cabbage.

As for, Snape. Things are the same. I said in his class and read books, I watch him mutter things as he works on the potion water and making sure we have enough ingredients for the school year.

Other than that the half are quiet, I've been allowed to wear what I would back home and don't need my robes for what house I'm in. Since I'm the only student in the grounds still.

"Do you ever get tired of reading?"

"Did you when you were in school, Professor?"

He glances up to me as he puts what he was working on down.

"Like you, I found solace in my studies"

Smiling gently I moved to the front of the class coming out of the dark.

"Did you not have many friends either?"

"That is none of your concern"

"You just confirmed what I asked, professor"

He shot me a glare and I giggled gently. There was a slight twitch of his upper lip as he stands there, sitting his eyes back to what he was doing.

"Did you ever like anyone?"

Heading him drop what he was holding he grabbed his wand and had a mop clean it up.

"I don't appreciate these questions"

"I'll keep them a secret, I promise I'm just curious"

"Curiosity is what kills the cat"

"I know, but humor me Sir"

He stops in his tracks as he looks at me, folding his arms.

"There was one, but she chose another. A fellow Gryffindor. Now enough"

"Do you still like her?"

He slams his hands on the table. "What. Did. I. Just. Say?"

Nodding gently as he looks at me I glance away. He moves towards the back room of his class, slamming the door behind him. Jumping slightly I sigh.

Maybe I should have gone easier on the questions. Though I've never thought of Snape having some sort of feelings towards another beside, distaste.

What I've heard from Hagrid is he was an outcast too, mostly because of James Potter. Harry's dad which makes sense why he doesn't like Harry much.

Though there's a pain in his eyes when he sees him, I bet it has something to do with Harry's mother. Eyes can be passed from parent to child so maybe that's it?

I hope if I ever had a kid, given I find someone who understands my past. They have dark eyes like Snape. The darkness always holds a mysterious beauty to them. Why am I thinking of that now? And when there's a hundred other people in the school with dark eyes.

Why did I choose to think of Snape's? Is it because of the amount of time I've been spending with him or is it because maybe Ron was right? An I gaining feelings for my Professor? No! I can't be, so what if he and I have similar pasts and like our studies? He's my teacher, but why do I always think about him and how he's feeling?

Putting my head on the desk I sigh gently. What was wrong with me? Maybe it's because I've been here for too long. I'm starting to go insane it's probably from all of the potion fumes I've been smelling.

The door to the back room opened again and I look up to see Snape coming out. Glancing at me he furrows his brows.

"Why do you enjoy being in here so much?"

I shrug slightly, pretending I want thinking about him.

"I like how it isn't as bright here as it is in the rest of the building. I do wish it wasn't as cold "

He makes a small hum in response as if he knew the answer and was just confirming it. Tilting my head I watch as he continues the potion, the mess he made earlier bring long gone.

Hopefully I can figure out what's going on with me soon. I really don't want to have to prove Ron right. I'd never hear the end of that from the Weasley.