Chapter Seven

"Gwen? Ready to go?" Finney asked and she furrowed her brows "Aren't you gonna eat breakfast?" She asked and Finney shrugged "I'm not hungry.." He mumbled and she groaned "You didn't even eat dinner last night, there's no way you're 'not hungry'. " she pointed out and Finney just sighed "I said I'm not hungry." He repeated.

Gwen frowned, but knew there was no point in arguing. She just grabbed her school bag and walked out of the door with Finney.

They arrived at the school a few minutes later, parting ways to go to their own classes, and Finney was greeted by Robin as per usual.

"Hey Finn!" Robin said, a line Finney was all too familiar with, though he sounded... Different today.

"Hey Robin." Finney replied. He caught sight of the very obvious smile on Robins face, and the sad attempt to conceal it. "I got you something..." Robin said slowly, this wasn't unusual either, Robin always got him things, food, toys, or anything he needed really, but this time was obviously different.

"What is it?" Finney asked and Robin shrugged "I'll show you later, we gotta go." Robin simply said. He flung an arm around Finney shoulder, guiding them through the halls to their first period.

———–

Finney was confused, but also excited, he didn't know what Robin might've gotten for him, but whatever it was, he would like it anyway. Though he was a little frustrater, was Robin just teasing him, making him wait longer?

Though, the end of the day came faster than he thought, and before he knew it he was  walking outside to meet Robin.

Finney was about to say something, but Robin got to it first. "Okay okay okay, wait a second." He said. He set his bag down on the ground and knelt down to grab something from it.

He retrieved something, Finney couldn't quite make it out, Robins hands mostly covered it. Robin got back up and placed it in Finneys hand

When Finney finally got a good look at it, he recognized it immediately. A toy rocket ship, that could also simultaneously function as a flashlight.

"I got you a new one, just because you really liked your old one..." Robin said sheepishly. He sounded... nervous. Robin was never nervous, so what made this different?

Finney really didn't know what to say, it wasn't anything much, but his old one was the only belonging he really liked, he never thought Robin even noticed it until what happened, but... he did.

"Thanks, Robin...." Finney said quietly. He wanted to say more, to show he really did appreciate it, but that was all that came out. "Yeah, no problem." Robin said. Finney couldn't tell what he was thinking, could he even tell Finney appreciated it.

After a few moments 9f silence,  Robin picked up his things and sighed. "Well, see you tomorrow Finn." He said and walked off.

Finney wasn't sure how to feel, should he have said something more? Robin had seemed a little upset..

Finney just sighed. He turned the toy around in his hands, shone it around one the sidewalk, he was just fidgeting with it as he walked home.

He didn't know how to thank Robin, though I guess he could figure that out that out tomorrow.

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚: 𝘼𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧.