Family Reunion.

Omniscient pov:

Jayda and Durk were laying in their shared bed, asleep. They were so tired because neither of them went to sleep until four in the morning. I'm sure you know why.

The two were awaken by the sound of Jaydas phone going off. Jayda decided to just turn over letting it ring, not feeling like talking to anyone this early in the morning.

After a while the phone stopped ringing but soon after it began to ring again.

"Ma, you not gon get that?" Durk asked in a low sleepy voice. He was beginning to get annoyed by the iPhone ringtone steady ringing in his ear.

Jayda groaned before getting up and grabbing her phone. Seeing that it was her step-mother she answered the phone quickly thinking it would be an emergency.

Jayda and her step mother had a love-hate relationship. Jayda would sometimes feel like her step mother was trying to be too much like her mom and other times Jayda loved how she acted. She would always defend Jayda but sometimes would be the cause of Jayda being in trouble.

A more recent reason she leaned more to the hate side was the fact that she was living in a nice house with her dad while Jaydas mother was staying in Parkway Gardens barely making a living for herself.

Though, Jayda would always try to help her she would decline. She felt like it was her job to take care of Jayda not the other way around.

"Hello?" Jayda said lowly into the phone, fighting her sleep.

"Hey, my baby," her step-mom beamed on the other side of the phone, "so we having a barbecue tonight so when you come bring some foil."

"When did I say I was coming?" Jayda asked screwing her face up and jerking her head back.

"Jayda don't play with me," her step-mom says sternly, "you know I don't play 'bout my barbecues."

"I know," Jayda chuckled, "I have someone I want to bring with me."

Jayda was so nervous to tell her parents about Durk. Her parents always felt like Jayda was the most precious thing in the world so it was hard for them to like any of her significant others.

And with Jaydas dad being one of the biggest drug suppliers in Chicago she knew it was a chance that he knew Durk from his past. That's why she never wanted to tell Durk about who her father really was.

There was also a big chance that Durk knew him. That's why when Durk saw the picture with her father in it he thought the man looked so familiar.

"Alright that's okay baby," Jaydas step-mom replied, "I love you, see you later."

Jayda climbed back into the bed and rubbed the side of Durks face causing his eyes to flutter open.

"How do you feel about meeting my parents?" Jayda asked biting the inside of her lips due to being nervous.

"You for real?" Durk smiled pulling her closer and she just nodded, "That'll be cool as hell, pretty."

"Okay," she whispered smiling.

——————-
Hours later
——————-

The two looked through their closets to find outfits for the Barbecue. Durk was struggling trying to find the perfect outfit for her parents.

"Bae," Jayda said looking at Durk rummaging through his closet, "bae just wear this," she said handing him a simple outfit, "it's just a barbecue."

"I know ma," he said taking the clothes from her, "I just want them to fuck with me cause I fuck with you."