Side Chapter 2 The slow blooming of love

Start from the beginning

When he said that I needed some time to digest the information. But then it clicked he had more money then even my parents. He could be called the richest person on the continent. I need to hurry up to make him mine. What am I thinking again Tessia you are a princess show more dignity.

"Hey you human what are you doing next to the princess of Elenoir?"

"If you are talking to me then I am accompanying her on a walk through the city why do you ask?"

It seems I am unneeded to handle this noble child.

"What do you mean why would she ever associate with someone like you. Is he threatening you lady Tessia? Don't worry I Feyrith Ivsaar III will save you from this lowborn filth."

I could hear the other laughing and feel myself getting aggravated by this idiot who knows nothing about Arthur and just expects him to be some evil persona. But then something that frightened me happened.

"So what you are saying is that you want to beat me up? If I am correct in elven culture it is common to ask for a duel in such situations. So I challenge you to a duel. And because I am a gentleman I will let you go first."

"You seem to know your place at least so get beaten up and endure it."

He chanted quite some time. I seem to forget how out of the world the two are since Nico doesn't chant and Arthur uses wide range attack while being an augmenter. Then a stream of water shot towards Arthur which evaporated when it came close to him. What happened? But Arthur didn't let Feyrith understand what happened. Instead he raised his hand and black tendrils started to form on his fingertips. I wanted to stop him since I have seen what this spell can do. It shoot through walls and mana strengthen objects without problems. But he gave me a wink to which I could feel my cheeks heat up. Feyrith on the other hand felt an other thing dread. Arthur shot his lightning toward him and to my surprise didn't pierce him. It latched onto him and dragged him to the ground. This is the same technique that made Aya unable to move.

"Is it my win?" he asked.

"Yes it is" I answered.

"Princess Tessia please wait I can still fight. This damn human must have cheated. I would never loose to a scumbag like him."

My blood boiled in anger. I shot him a glare to shut him up and said "he is my friend, a strong mage, my grandfather's disciple you can't even move your arm upwards. You should be happy that he used this spell to capture you or it would have gone right through you. So shut up and behave yourself or are you not a proud son of a noble. If you are start acting like one. Give the people respect, don't just interpretate everything so that it suits you. Observe the situation and act accordingly. Look at it objective with the facts. And most important grow up. Where is the difference between humans, elves and dwarves. There is no important difference. Think about that. Let's go Art. Art"

"Ah yes, I am coming."

"What is wrong you look happy."

"It is just that you acted so mature. Not like a scared little child anymore that is wonderful."

"I am no scared child and I am rather big for my age you know. Plus I had to grow up if I want to stay beside you when we are older."

He stopped and looked at me. Just then I realised what I have said. "I didn't mean it like that. I-it is just that Nico and you are so mature and talented, while I am nothing in comparison."

"I would rather like it if you meant it the other way. But yes you are right we are special and you don't have to force yourself to grow up faster. It might be more helpful but for yourself but most people our age might think that you are strange."

"What do you mean with you would rather like it the other way?" When I said that he became as red as a tomato. It seems he said that without realising it. He couldn't mean but what if he did. I have to gamble now or never. "And I don't care what others think about me as long as you don't hate me." My ears got all red and my face heated up. He looked away and seemed torn between two sided.

Arthur Pov:

'See easy as I said. Now take her and run away together two princesses on the run.'

'Shut up Regis it is serious we are not even five years old. If she would have started such things later it would be of no concern since I will tell or show her everything anyway. But I can't do that now.'

'You are right about that but when you show her everything then she will understand. Hopefully.'

'Hopefully?'

'Look I have a plan. You will show her the affection that she craves for and when the time comes you will tell her about your second life. I would tell her just before going to Ephiatos and afterwards show her everything. Since the Asuras will be out of Dycathen at that point in time you can show it to her without endangering her.'

'You are actually not as bad as I thought Regis'

'What do you mean bad. I am perfect the most powerful weapon ever created to serve the god killer personally.'

'Thanks for looking after me.'

I hugged Tess and told her that we will go to a quitter place. We decided to go in a restaurant, reserve a booth for us alone that was imbued with sound magic, sat down and ordered food.

"So Tess. I-i-I am not good with such things. Between Nico and I, he is the more expressive one and mor emotional one. What I want to say is that I might not show it but I like you. But I also know that it is not elven tradition to date but to become engaged and I am not ready for that. And I don't expect you to reciprocate those feelings since we know each other since a year and a half." As I said that I could swear Tess's mood first got higher and higher but then dropped extremely fast.

"Idiot. You are an idiot do you think I am ready to be engaged. Do you think because I am royalty this is easy for me. Don't you know me at all. And I like you too dummy if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have friends. Thanks to you I have confidence. And I don't care how long you need I will wate for you. We don't have to get engaged. We don't have to tell it anyone anyway. They would just torture us."

"You are right let start slowly and most importantly keep it secret."

As I said that she rushed towards me and gave me a long and warm hug. "Let's do that."

I hope the chapter is readable. I am even worse in writing such chapters since I enjoy the story of a book more and don't pay to much attention to love or similar feelings or how they were expressed to other characters. So if you want a love story then you are not right here but if you want to read it because you like tbate like me then it might be the right story. I will try to wrote better chapters than this one but don't get your hopes up just yet.