•𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 194 🥀

•🌹•

Y/N's POV, April 4th 1992

After a lot of persuading from Nikki, I'd finally agreed to go to the band meeting today and meet John Corabi for the first time. It had almost been two months since he was hired and I knew I had to meet him eventually.

I had nothing against him as a person, he sounded really nice but I am still not happy with him being in the band. I'm sure he'll grow on me and I'm sure we'll become friends, it's still hard though because Vince is my best friend and he never ever should have been fired.

I wasn't nervous to meet him but I did feel hesitant, it wasn't just me meeting John for the first time, Blaze was also going along with us, we couldn't leave him alone and he had to meet John at some point, why not the same time as me?

We'd just pulled up at the place of the meeting which was Doug's office and I hadn't really said much all of this morning and nothing for the journey here, it was something Nikki picked up on.

"You've been quiet all day... is there a reason for it?" The bassist asks as he shuts off the cars ignition.

I keep my eyes fixed out the window, where they had been the entire drive "I don't think I have to really answer that, do I?"

Nikki sighed "I know you don't want to do this but it's important to me... don't think of John as a replacement-"

"But that's exactly what he is because you won't rebrand the band... Nikki, I'm here and I'm doing this for you, okay? But I can't just accept it as quickly as you can, I'm supporting you but that doesn't mean I have to like it." I said to him, looking over in his direction, meeting his eyes.

"I know." Nikki murmurs "Thank you for agreeing to today despite the fact you didn't want to do it."

"You don't have to thank me, I had to meet him eventually... you shouldn't be worried about me anyways, it's Blaze I'm worried about. He's not going to understand where Vince is and I don't think he's going to like that Vince isn't around."

"He still see's him... and I don't think he'll mind John."

I internally rolled my eyes at Nikki avoiding using Vince's name and had a very strong feeling Blaze wasn't going to be as receptive of John as Nikki thinks. Nik underestimates the bond Blaze has with Vince, or refuses to acknowledge it because of his envy problem.

"We'll see, won't we? Come on, let's go in, don't wanna be late, do we?"

Nikki nodded and we both exited the car, I grabbed Blaze from the backseat, waking him up as he'd been asleep but Nikki soon took him off me after locking the car, making our way to enter Doug's office.

Although Blaze could walk now, he couldn't quite walk the distance from the car to the office, as we were walking to the door of the building, Blaze did ask what we were doing, well he asked with as much verbal capability as he had.

Nikki explained that he wanted Blaze to meet someone, this didn't answer any questions for the little boy, he didn't ask anything else but did look confused.

We got inside the building then went to the reception desk, though the girl sat there knew who we were and told us to go straight in, went down a corridor to the door labelled 'Doug Thaler' and entered the room, upon entering we saw Doug sat as his desk, writing something down then Tommy sat on the couch which was on the far right side of the room with Mick next to him then John on his other side, seems as Doug was busy writing and Tommy and John were talking, Mick was the first and only person to notice us come in, I met eyes with him and he smiled which I returned.