"Rest up there, restock, and then head to Meridian. Radio tower marks that neighborhood." She then looked at Negan, "You know where that is?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Come on." We then followed Negan through the woods for a little while until we ended back onto the road. It was still dark out but luckily it wasn't stormy anymore so our path was pretty clear, however there was something strange about the road.

In two, long and straight lines were bodies hanging from ropes, by their feet. It stretched out for a while. The setting was strange and obviously not randomised, but whoever did it brought chills down my spine.

"This isn't the most friendliest neighbourhood I've never been in." I murmured to myself, looking at the rotting, upside down corpses.

"Well, this place sure has gone to shit since the last time I was here." Negan commented and stopped. "Let's double back. We can cut through-"

Suddenly a knife came flying out of nowhere, landing in Cole's thigh. His leg started to bleed as he collapsed onto the ground but others helped him up. He yelled out in pain and from the shock, making everyone's heads shoot around to try and find the person who threw it.

We then started to get attacked by more weapons, knives and arrows aiming in every direction. Leigh grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side behind a rock, avoiding an arrow just in time. I was shocked at first but had to pull myself together. I tried to peer behind the tree however it was too risky.

I looked to the right of me and saw my dad with his crossbow, he couldn't see anyone in the trees aiming at us and neither could I. We could be surrounded by all we knew yet we didn't know where any of them were. Whoever was attacking us had a lot of people. Way more than us.

There were suddenly more yells coming from different directions. I could see on the other side of the road Duncan getting stabbed in the stomach, but he carried on running. I swore I saw Cole get tackled, but then I felt another tug on my arm from Leigh, signalling we should get the hell out of here.

His eyes had widened in fear, more scared than anyone else. The only place we could run to was the woods and that was where we went. I caught a glimpse of more tracks in the woods, recognising them as my dad's who had no choice but to get him and Dog away.

It was almost pitch black, making it difficult for us to see in however we had no other option. I had to admit that I was a bit scared despite the pit in my stomach telling me to be brave and just fight off these guys. But everyone was split up enough as it was.

We made it far enough into the woods to not hear any screaming, but the slight sound of a stick cracking made me spin around. It wasn't Leigh or anyone else we knew. His heart was pounding as he clutched his crowbars in his hands.

I took out my sword and stepped closer to the sound, Leigh tried to grab my arm to pull me back, but I shrugged him off. If he wasn't going to kill these murderous people then I will. I raised my sword and looked past the tree where I heard the sound, but there was no one there.

I relaxed until I heard Leigh groaning in pain and the sound of a knife plunging.

My head spun to see him on the ground and clutching the back of his leg. I sped over to him whilst he was holding his bleeding leg. The small throwing knife was on the ground, I picked it up and put it in my belt to stop it from being used again.

"Shit, can you walk?" I breathed heavily, helping him up.

He let out a short and painful gasp, "Y-Yeah. We need to go, now."

Neither of us knew where that knife had come from, but all I could think of was that one of them was following us. We had to get them before they got us, it would now be difficult since Leigh is injured though we'll make it work.