An Eye For An Eye

En başından başla

Asmodeus doesn't know what to say, he must be in shock. The ram head burst into tears and the bull roars in distress.

"The healing process will take a while but he should be able to go home in a few weeks. i request that he is kept an extra twenty-four hours due to mental well-being concerns." She speaks nervously.

Asmodeus is slightly taken aback. "I don't understand, what well-being concerns?"

She sighs. "I am sorry, but that is confidential to the patient." Asmodeus nods in understanding, he's quiet.

She tilts her head towards the door. "He's not awake yet but you are able to see him now." He thanks her and quickly yet quietly enters the room, shutting the door behind him.

The first thing he sees is fizzarolli, unconscious, attached to different machines, his face wrapped in thick bandages.

He walks over and sits in the chair next to his bed. Grabbing his cold robotic hand.

Now it's just the two, uncomfortably silent.

He sits like that for a long time, just Watching the unconscious imp.

Listening to the slow beeping of his heart monitor.

A knock on the door cuts through the thick silence, his head snaps up.

The door opens and a tall imp walks in.
"King Asmodeus," The imp speaks, taking a bow before straightening his posture. "I've been working with others to unravel what happened yesterday. We think we've found the demon responsible."

Asmodeus gets to his feet, "Take me to him." He speaks coldly. The imp nods and exits. Asmodeus turns and presses a kiss to fizzarollis hand before following.

Outside fizzarolli's room, Asmodeus opens a portal directly to the station the imp works for. The two step through and the imp starts walking down a hallway.

The imp stops, and through a glass window Asmodeus can see a rattlesnake imp sitting with his hands cuffed to the table. His tail is lashing angrily. Eyes darting around the room full of rage.

"I can take it from here." He says. Entering the room, the force he uses to open the door causing it to tear off it's hinges. The imps body language quickly changing from annoyance to panic.

Asmodeus stands in front of him, a fiery rage burning in his eyes. "Explain yourself, and tell me why I shouldn't tear you limb from limb!" He speaks all too calmly.

The imp scoffs. Trying to hide the anxiety in his eyes. "It's nothing personal. Just doin' my job"

"Who?" He asks. The imp frowns, "that shits confidential, sorry not sorry asshole." He looks away from the king.

His flames grow, the room starting to heat up, the imp begins to sweat.

"I'll make you a deal." Asmodeus offers. The imp looks at him, raising a brow. "If you tell me who hired you, I'll let you live."

The imp thinks for a moment, then sighs. "Alright, Deals a deal I suppose."

In the greed ring, mammon sits with his feet on his desk. A cruel laugh escaping his throat as he throws his head back.

He celebrates his victory all too soon, he stops laughing and his smile turns to confusion as a deep purple portal materializes into the middle of his office.

"Mammon!" An all to familiar voice rings out, loud and full of rage.

It's at this moment Mammon realizes, that imp ratted him out.

Sitting up at his desk, he keeps his composure. Asmodeus steps through the portal, tail feathers and flames lashing with rage.

"Yes, What is it now Asmodeus?" He speaks, pretending he has no clue what he's done.

"Why don't you tell me?!" His voice booms angrily. He grabs mammon by the throat and pins him against the large glass window that overlooks the city below.

Mammon struggles to breath, clawing at Asmodeus hand.

Asmodeus throws him down on the ground. standing with one foot on his throat. Mammon shrieks. "What in the heavens are you doing?!"

"Punishing you for your selfish actions! Do you not know the old saying?!" He leans down, not moving his foot.

"What old saying?! I do not care for your immature games right now!" Mammon chokes out.

Asmodeus grabs his head, tilting it back. And in one swift motion digs his claws into mammons face. Massacring the right side of his face whilst he screams and claws at Asmodeus.

After only a second, Asmodeus has torn out his eye completely.

Throwing mammon to the side, still screaming and clawing at his own face now. He rids his hands of his ruined gloves, and Opens a portal.

He stops for a second, just before stepping through the portal. He glances back at mammon.

"An eye for an eye, fucker."

[1,386 words]