Thankfully (or not), Xander did not dodge the incoming impact. Instead, he used Jett's momentum to his advantage; grabbing onto the fist directed at his face in a swift motion and pulling Jett's entire body towards the ground with a hard slam.

"U-Um, guys, is...is anyone listening?" Oh Lord if only I had half of either's strength to punch some sense into both of them.

"Go kick his ass Chocolate Chip!!" Giselle cheered all-too-happily, seeming to have adopted her brother's way of speech.

W-Wait, what?

"Uwaa, no Giselle, no-no violence okay? Let's all go into the house o-okay?"

"No! Violence! Violence!" The teenager nodded vigorously, chanting the word as if to cheer her brother on whilst a flurry of vulgarities and fists exchanged between the two.

Bringing Giselle further away from the obvious crime scene, I took a deep breath and ran into dangerous grounds-between Xander and Jett.

"Everyone, f-f-freeze!" Was all I managed to muster, but miraculously—as if both were controlled by an unknown force-they stopped moving all at once to turn to me; Xander's grip still holding fast onto Jett's shirt collar.

"A-And, um...um...release his shirt."

Xander obliged all-too-happily, dropping Jett onto the ground without a care.

"Please stop this. I-It isn't going anywhere. Let us not resort to, um...um, violent measures to solve problems—"

Before I could finish my peace speech, Jett was already on his feet. He was limping towards an opposite direction, leaving Xander and I completely confused—

Giselle!

I made a move to grab Jett's arm to stop him but he lunged forward, closing the distance between he and Giselle and knocking her off her feet.

Giselle screamed, and Jett raised his arm—to punch or to slap, I didn't want to know.

I could hear Xander just a few steps behind as he raced after Jett, shouting threats that didn't seem all too nice.

Just in time to grab onto my co-worker's shirt, I was able to pull him away from Xander's sister—

But what happened next proved my efforts unnecessary;

As Giselle's handy walking stick came in contact with Jett's face.

She let out a fearsome growl resembling a wolf cub.

"You're in my way, peasant!" She snarled in triumph.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I don't say that," Xander laid out in an amused manner as I tended to a bruise on his right arm. "But I gotta say—I've taught you well, Giselle."

"Hmph," His sister nodded in response, sitting by their couch with her head held high. "But you always say that Xandie."

I turned to Xander with a stern look, accidentally placing more pressure onto his arm.