~0~ Cast || Prologue

Começar do início

Ermanno Sandrino
29

†††

Hello beautiful readers!
I decided to create a prologue for some sort of dramatic irony. Please note that the prologue would be written in Hugo Molina's POV

†††
Prologue

Hugo

I tapped my fingers on my lap anxiously as I continuously exchanged glances with the exit door and the slow FBI agent typing rather slowly on the system.

Goddammit, I wanted to get out of here.

What I was doing was wrong, I could never deny it, I was betraying the family that picked me up from the ghetto streets of Spain and made me something. It was wrong and disloyal but I would do anything to protect my wife and children.

I loved Luciano with everything in me, he was more than a friend, he was my brother. But the mafia world is too dangerous for Sofía and my little Mercedes to live in.

I'd better not flatter myself into thinking I was anything special to La famiglia

For years they picked up young boys from the streets of southern Spain and carted them to Italy to become killing machines. I was no exception. I was nothing more than a victim.

But still, the don and dona had shown me so much love and had turned the little pobre rata into a man of rank. I was their son, Luciano's closest companion.

But alas, people change, Luciano isn't the same man I knew over thirty years ago. The crave for power had turned him into something despicable.

I had no excuses, La famiglia would never betray it's member. I was the one ratting my home out. I sighed deeply as I ran my hand down my exhausted face.

“Thank you Mr Molina.’’ the FBI agent stood, gesturing his hand towards me for a shake.

“Just make sure I and my family are safe.” I took his rough palm in mine, shaking it.

I was such a selfish Polla

“You have my word. You're doing a big favor for the country, you're a hero I tell you.”

I hated that word. Someone is only called a hero when they're dead or their demise is near

I nodded dryly before I said my goodbyes and left. Walking down the streets, I couldn't help the teardrops that fell down my cheeks.

I was a weak excuse of a man. Why was I crying? I should be happy, I was free. La famiglia
would be shut down and I could relocate and start a new life with my family. I could sleep with both eyes closed, no longer fearing that one of our rivals would murder me in my sleep. I was a free man now!

More tears rolled down my cheeks as I came to terms with the fact that I was just being delusional. I could never be free, at least not from guilt of ratting out my brothers and sisters.

Lying in bed beside a sleepy Sofía, I heard my cell phone ring, I immediately got up, careful not wake her up.

Blood drained from my face as I saw the caller ID.

“H-hello?” I said as my shaky hands rose the phone to my air.

“Hugo? Brother?” I need to see you.” Luciano said over the phone, he sounded drunk and at the same time so broken. I wondered if he had found out what I had done.

“What is the matter?”

“Brother, I'm finished. Aurora has finished me.” he slumped over his words.