Chapter 43:

(Picture above is what their wings look like)

Tommy's P.O.V.

I don't know how long I lay there trying to gain my breath, the low throbbing under my shoulder blades slowly going away. My eyes were still closed, and I could still feel my body shaking on the bed. Though I froze when I felt something shift on my back.

Slowly turning my head around, I glanced at my shirt and winced slightly. It was sticking to my skin, and there was a huge stain in the back of it. It looked dark, and I could already smell the metallic scent of it that sent shivers through my entire body. Though my eyes quickly drifted away when I saw what had happened. 

Sticking out from underneath my shoulder blades were two limbs covered in feathers. I stared at them wide eyed, shocked at what had happened. Wings... wings were sprouting from my back. I had.... I had wings?!

I tenderly picked one up, and shivered at the new sensation at my fingers touch. I quickly dropped it, and it landed limply back on the bed. I slowly lifted my self to my knees, my hands gripping the pillow before me.

I studied the new limbs, taking in everything about them. The outside feathers were the same color as my fur, just a little bit more brown, and they slowly morphed into a warmer brown near the ends of the wings. The inside feathers were like the color of cedar, with strips of two different browns in them. The brown closer to the tip was darker than the other. I was not expecting those colors, but at the same time, I couldn't image what other colors they would be. 

In the back of my mind, I could feel something tingling, and frowned at the sensation. I allowed it to come forward, and if felt almost as if a tunnel had just opened up. My frown deepened, and I gently prodded at it with my mind, though I flinched when my left wing quickly expanded, and stayed that way. 

My eyes widened at the sight. That... that was how I was going to control them. Biting my bottom lip, I though about expanding both of my wings and retracting them, sending the thoughts through the imaginary tunnels. To my upmost surprise and joy, the new limbs followed what I had asked.

A grin spread across my face, and I scrambled out of bed, wanting to see what else I could do with them. As soon as I stood up, I tried walking, but my wings made me overbalance and I ended up crashing onto the cold floor. I could feel the sting of crashing into the floor, but my excitement overtook the pain, and I pushed myself back up. 

I shot my hands out as my wings almost overbalanced me yet again, and realized that I would have to do something about them before I could do anything. Biting my lip, I thought for a second, before remembering the way that Phil would fold his wings behind his back when he would walk around. 

I closed my eyes and imagined my wings tucking in close to my shoulders, and low and behold, they did! I felt the feathers brush up against each other as they folded in, goosebumps appearing on my skin at the sensation. Turning around and looking at them, I could see that my feathers had puffed up just a tad bit at the sensation, and my large grin didn't go away.

I began walking once more, and I felt the tips of my wings begin to drag on the floor, but I wasn't overbalanced anymore. I raced towards my door, and threw it open to see two other doors opening.

I watched as the twins walked out of their respective rooms, Wilbur without a shirt and Techno wearing a torn and bloodied button up. Both had drying blood sticking to their back, and both had amazed looks in their eyes. I glanced over both of their bodies, and was shocked yet happy to see that they too had wings. So much so that my wings flared out on their own, gaining both of their attentions.

Techno's wings were a carmine red color on the outside, with the inside feathers becoming a more glossy cherry red that were brown on the bottom of each feather, white tips dusting the tips.  The outside feathers were plain, only the bottom of the wings starting to gain a barn red color.

Wilbur's wings were completely different from Techno's. The outside feathers started out to be a raven black with a glossy coat, almost the same color as Phil's wings, though the black started to morph into a blueish gray color towards the tips. On the inside of his wings were white feathers with a brown horizontal stripe through each feather. The tips of the inside feathers were steel blue.

Thought I could clearly see that on the bottom of the outside wings, well all had white diamonds on the tips of the feathers. They lined the bottom of each of our wings, but it was apparent that they were there. They kind of looked like the designs on Phil's wings.

We all just looked at each other, studying each other's wings. I couldn't tell what the other two were thinking, but when I looked down, I saw that my wings were now resting on the floor, having relaxed without me knowing. 

My head whipped upwards as I heard a cough come from one of the two of them. I saw that it was Techno, and that he was now looking between the two of us, his mind deep in thought. I looked towards Wilbur, who was still looking at his twin with concern. I sighed, and brought my wings back in. 

Just then, I heard footsteps racing in from down the hallway. We all turned our heads to see Phil race into the room, looking out of breath and sheer panic written on his face. We all stayed silent as he froze, his eyes raking over each of us in turn, his eyes brows almost hidden within his hair from how surprised he was. 

Silence enveloped the house, causing the air between us to become awkward. I frowned, and pulled my wings tighter against myself, trying not only to provide comfort for myself, but to try and hide them from myself. A new pain stroke through my stomach, one that I was used to, but before I could act on it, someone else did.

"Anyone else hungry?"

1133 words

Alright, so I might've changed a few details in the other chapter because my idea changed, but yeah. Hoped you liked this chapter! Also, so close to 90k, only 3,000 more reads before than -_- I am confident it's gonna get there though. Y'all are awesome, luv ya guys!

-Zia