Chapter 29:

Tommy's P.O.V.

I ran through the forest, laughing all the way. I hadn't done this is so long, I almost forgot how it felt. The wind sweeping through my hair, my ears flat against my head. My tail streaming behind me, the dirt flying up behind me. It was a feeling like no other.

I was about half way to the treehouse, and I was bouncing in my skin. I was going to see Tubbo, the one person who had always been there for me. My best friend, my partner in crime, my true brother. God, I missed him.

I leaped over a log, and ended up scaring a doe into the woods. I laughed and continued to run, not having a care in the world. The moon was almost full. It would only be about a week before it was completely full, so it shone a lot of light to the forest below it.

I started to slow down as the forest began to grow more familiar, realizing that I was drawing nearer to the treehouse. I began to grin when I saw the familiar leaves of the oak I practically grew up in. 

I walked over to the ladder, and quickly scaled it. The old musty scent of leaves and dust entered my nose when I got up. I looked around, and in the old bedroom, I saw Tubbo waiting there for me. He was sitting with his back towards me, his head tilted upwards towards the moon.

"Tubs?" I said, making sure that it actually was him. He turned around, his eyes flashing a bright yellow when they met mine.

"TOMMY!" He yelled, running towards me. I laughed, but opened my arms for the boy to run into them. I fell back as he rammed into me, his arms wrapping around my waist while mine wrapped around his shoulders. Laughter filled the air as we just enjoyed each other's presence. I hadn't seen him a few days, and it felt weird without him.

"How have you been, big man?" I asked, sitting up and making Tubbo sit up with me. He grinned, before sitting back on his knees, his fingers starting to fidget with each other. I looked in his eyes, and saw something that I never would have expected. He was happy, like, truly happy.

"Surprisingly, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Puffy takes care of us, Dream is always down to do things with me, and Schlatt makes everyone laugh. Honestly, I wasn't expecting their house to be so open and modern!" Tubbo said, starting to rant about Dream's family and house.

I zoned out, but a sinking feeling entered my chest as I heard him talk about it. He started telling stories of things him and Dream did that usually, I would have laughed at and called them both idiots, but all it did was send a wave of sadness over me. I missed Tubbo... but he didn't seem to miss me...

"Tubbo, didn't you say you had something important to talk to me about?" I injected, having enough of his rambling on with Dream. He froze, a glazed look coming over his eyes, before they brightened and he seemed to remember something.

"Oh yeah! That is why I asked you here. Anyways, I found out that there is apparently a vampire king." Tubbo said, leaning back on his hands and looking towards the sky. I stared at him, completely dumbfounded.

"I'm sorry- there's a fucking VAMPIRE KING?!" I said, just completely shocked.

"Mhm, and there's also this big party he hosts every blood moon I think, and all vampires are required to go to it. All vampires that have been there, they just go on their own free will." Tubbo said, now playing with a leaf that had landed in his lap.

"So we won't have to go there? Or we could choose to just ditch it?" I asked, trying to get Tubbo to tell me some more of those details.

"Oh no. Apparently, there's this toxin that's released in new vampires that have never been to the ball that forces the vampire either to grow a very pleasant aroma to other vampires or they start glowing. There's been some cases were the newborns' bodies just started walking towards the ball without them wanting that. And it's really painful too." He said.