Chapter 27

The next morning she realized this was her last morning here. She decided to make it an amazing day, then she'd have to tell him that she was leaving. Fengjiu felt nervous about leaving. She wondered, ' What would he say? What should I say?'  She shook her head and made the best breakfast of her life. Today she would also make him cakes.

Dong Hua woke up and saw Fengjiu hard at work in the kitchen. He saw tons of food. "What is the occasion?" he asked.

Fengjiu blushed. "I just wanted to make the best breakfast you ever had."

"Every breakfast you make is the best I ever had," Dong Hua replied with a smile, then frowned for a moment. "What happened last night? I know I was playing music for you then you were dancing. The rest was blank. I woke up and I was in my bed."

"Oh...Er... You drank too much and fell asleep! I had to bring you back to bed," Fengjiu answered nervously.

"You didn't have to do that. You could have called a guard or a maid escort me. I am sorry Fengjiu." Dong Hua frowned. "I usually can hold my alcohol...that is so strange."

"It was no problem. You didn't do or say anything embarrassing. Maybe the stuff you drank last night was potent," Fengjiu replied with a smile. He just nodded then she put more food on his plate.

Fengjiu smiled when she saw him eating, then she went back to making cakes. When she was finished she put them in a container. She turned around to him and said, "Today is all about you. What would you like to do for your last day of freedom?"

Dong Hua thought as he was eating. He replied, "Let's go to the market. I want to buy you some stuff. Then let me take you out to eat. You always cook for me and I want to give you food even though I can't cook well. Then there is a special place I want to show you."

"But today is about you! You shouldn't buy me things. I want you to have a good day," Fengjiu replied with a pout.

"Doing stuff for you does make me happy Fengjiu. You spending time with me makes my days better. I am happier now than I have ever been in my whole life. All I have left to do is get rid of Eunuch Liang," Dong Hua replied as he reached over and stroked her hand. Fengjiu frowned and nodded. He assumed it was about his comment on Eunuch Liang. "Don't worry! I promise he won't hurt you."

"I am more worried about him hurting you," Fengjiu whispered to him honestly.

Dong Hua walked around the table and pulled her into his arms for an embrace. Fengjiu froze for a second and then sunk into it. 'Dong Hua's arms always made me feel at home.'

Dong Hua loved the feeling of her in his arms. After tonight, he hoped she felt the same as he did. Depending on her answer tonight, he might ask for her hand in marriage. He was completely ready for it, but he didn't want to scare her away.

After Dong Hua finished eating they both went to get dressed for the day. Both of them making sure to dress down so that they wouldn't stick out and get lots of attention. Fengjiu chose a light blue dress and Dong Hua chose white robes, unlike his usual black ones. He had no gold cuff on his ponytail like he usually did. Today it was a simple silver hairpin.

Dong Hua took Fengjiu's hand, then he told a lie to his Chief Eunuch. He told him that he'd be going hunting with Fengjiu but they didn't need guards. He winked when he said this to Chief Eunuch.

The Eunuch had assumed that they were going to have some alone time and he mentally celebrated and hoped they had children soon.

Dong Hua and Fengjiu made it to the market and Fengjiu loved everything. She held Dong Hua's hand as they walked around to all the booths. If something caught Fengjiu's eye he would try and buy it. She would immediately talk him out of it.