CH 12

3rd Person POV
______________________

Thinking about the night before had only made the snake demon more confused.

The king of Hell, Lucifer himself, the fallen angel and formerly Gods favorite, had been hanging around them, talking with them occasionally, and helping them keep their secret of devouring other demons.

They would have expected something more akin to him using such information as blackmail, or simply just letting you slip up on your own from a lack of interest.

He didn't do that, for whatever reason.

He helped them instead.

But why?
Why help a lowly demon such as themselves? Other than the unique hunger and its growth with the scent of sin, they didnt really see anything that stuck out. Maybe he had a plan for the future?
Were they just another piece in his game of chess?
Maybe.

But at the current moment, (Y/N) didn't care.
They felt nice thinking about him, they forgot about all other troubles with him on their mind.

'He likes to watch me eat..."
This was something they had been insecure with, both alive on earth, and dead on Hell.
Lucifer finding it something interesting to watch made them feel a bit better about it.

It may not have made sense to anyone else, but it made sense to the snake, and they were ok with it.
They needed a break from the constant negativity in their brain after all.

.      .      .

In the Kings own room, he lay alone, wrapped in expensive bedding and covered in the feathers of the now ripped apart majority of his pillows.

His palace felt so empty, divorce isn't exactly easy after all.

He and Lilleth were already struggling slightly, being seperated for the majority of their marriage thus far, Charlie being the main reason they stuck together.

(This is sounding quite a bit like Stolas and that feather duster bitch rn but I planned this before they got divorced so stfu)

They didnt get into a lot of fights, but the straw that broke the camels back had been related to the one thing keeping them together in the first place.
It wasn't Charlie herself, but her hotel.

Lucifer hasn't always been so welcoming to the idea. He originally laughed at the idea and dismissed the possibility, while Lillith encouraged her ever so slightly.
But behind closed doors, that was where they fought on the matter.

Lillith was enraged with her husband, wondering what had given him the idea to crush their daughters hopes like that, and how his pride could get in the way of his daughters dreams.

He wanted to know why she would feed her false hope, when in his eyes, the lord was too picky and set in his ways to accept the previously damned into the pearly gates of his utopia.

And with that, the damage had been done, the papers had been signed, and it was too late to go back to how it was.

Looking back on it made the kings chest burn in anger, and his eyes sting with tears. He could never fix his mistake.

Then, his mind wandered to the snake residing in his daughters hotel.
Their scales, shimmering when hit by the light at just the right angle.
Their eyes glowing slightly in a dark room.
Their tired eagerness(somehow idk) to help any way that they can.

His chest changed from a burning anger to a warm flutter.

...what?

This was...confusing.

...
...
...
...
...
...

{A/N}

Short but idc rn
I'm tired and th is was rushed
And I have zero actual experience with romance because there just never seems to be mutual feelings and shit like that ya know?
Anyways imma go do shit I need to do now. Like sleep and eat. I'm trying to take some form of care of myself lol