3.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Jay

"Molly" is the best place in Chicago. Undoubtedly. However, I need fresh air. I am too tired of my colleagues, of laughter, conversations and a huge amount of booze.

I sneak out of the bar, shove my hands into the pockets of my new jeans and breathe in the cool night air.

I look around and see my friend Kelly's car. A girl is standing next to it, her arms folded in displeasure. Apparently she was waiting for him, and he, as always, forgot about her existence. Typical Severide.

I sigh and my drunken mind starts working. Unfortunately, when I'm drunk, you can't shut me up.

"Hey! You don't even have to wait for him, he won't come out," I shout, and immediately the girl's head turns in my direction.

I meet familiar eyes, which of course I remember, and I freeze. My heart starts pounding faster and I try to at least blink.

"Really? Then tell him... Stop! Jay! God, what an unexpected turn of events!" she walks up to me and smiles broadly. Her eyes are glowing and she even jumps up several times.

How cute. I wonder how old she is?

"How old are you?" God, Jay, shut your mouth.

She freezes and raises her eyebrows in surprise. I smile and she bursts into laughter.

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

Fall in love at first sight? Done.

"Twenty-three. And you?.. We're playing a cool game, aren't we?" she asks, smiling.

I can't help but smile back.

"Thirty-one," I reply, realizing that I really am much older than her. "Why are you waiting for Severide?"

"Oh, he asked me to pick him up. I hate it when he gets drunk and I have to take care of him like a little kid. He's my brother, not my son!"

"So you're his little sister? Why has no one ever talked about you?" I ask, looking at her incredible beauty.

Her curly hair, her small, fragile body, her gorgeous eyes and smile.

No, I am absolutely forbidden to fall in love. Especially with Severide's younger sister! Especially when I don't know anything about her at all!

However, I confess, her beauty won me over.

"Because no one knows anything about me," she replies shrugging her shoulders. "It was my wish and Kelly totally respects it."

As he should.

"Such beauty should be kept a secret," I blurt out, immediately pressing my lips into a thin line.

What the fuck am I saying?

Ella blushes and looks down, smiling slightly.

"Well, how do you know my brother?" after a while, Ella asks, slightly tilting her head.

"So let's say we're connected by work."

Ella's smile immediately falls off her face. I frown and look at the girl questioningly.

"So you're a firefighter too?"

I shake my head and run my hand through my hair.

"Detective, actually," I say, but it doesn't change her mood at all.

She looks away nervously, and I don't understand at all what caused such a reaction.

"Well, you've finally met someone, weirdo!" I hear Kelly's loud voice behind me and immediately turn to him.

Ella rolls her eyes and quickly approaches her brother to bring him to the car. This guy got so drunk that it is unlikely that she will even be able to make a move with him.

"I'll help," I immediately take Kelly's arm without waiting for Ella's response.

"Jay! You're not drunk at all! Why? This needs to be fixed. Come on!" says Kelly loudly, and I shake my head.

"We're going home, Severide. Don't push your sister, okay?" I frown when I see how aggressively he pushes Ella aside.

Ella steps aside, finally giving up and goes to the car, opening the back door for us in advance.

"I hate that drunk ass," the brunette mumbles with displeasure as Kelly and I get into the backseat.

We barely reach the Severides' house and go inside. I let the sleepy Kelly go to the couch and leave him there.

"I didn't think he'd be so drunk," Ella sighs, running her hand through her hair. "Thanks for helping, Jay."

"You're welcome, Ella," I say, smiling. I look at a girl and I don't understand how you can be so beautiful.

"How will you go home? I can give you a ride," Ella says worriedly and I shake my head.

"You better take care of your brother," I say, grinning and looking at the couch where Kelly was snoring loudly. "Actually, I live a couple blocks from here."

I'm about to leave the house when Ella stops me with her sweet voice, which absolutely melts my heart.

"Thanks, Jay," we smile at each other, and I swear I've never seen anything more perfect.

"I hope to see you again."

I really want it. So much.

"Me too," her eyes look straight into mine, and I feel my heart speed up the rhythm.

When I go outside, I realize that now I'll always think about her. About the gorgeous Ella.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*