18.

Daerla

"And this one?" I point to the picture of a dragon.

"Dragon," two year old Andres says with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Yes! Well done!" I say and clap. He copies me, clapping his little chubby hands together.

"Andres is coming along well," I look up as Alicent walks in. I pick up Andres and hold him in my arms.

"Is there anything I can do for you, my queen?" I say as I stand up so that I'm taller then her.

"I wondered if we could have a conversation," she says. "Mother to mother." This is going to be fun.

"Very well," I say. "Nancie, take Andres for his nap." My nanny takes Andres from me before going into the childrens sleeping chambers.

"Shall we sit?" Alicent suggests and I nod as we sit at the children's school table.

"What is it you wanted to discuss?" I ask and she folds her hands on the table.

"Yesterday morning I saw Rhaena leaving Aemonds chambers," she says. I instantly look down. "It is not the first time." 

  "What do you want me to say?" I say. "They have always been close, with them being so close in age."

  "I have a proposal for you," Alicent says. "Let us joins our houses. Betroth Rhaena and Aemond. Let them be happy and show your allegiance to the family."

  I know what she's doing. If i agree to this then I'll be siding with her, siding with her claiming that Rhaenyra is not the true heir.

  "I'll think on it," I say. "I'll need to discuss it with my husband."

  "We all know you the one who makes the decisions in your marriage," Alicent says before standing up. "Be quick with your decision. I won't wait around forever."

  She walks out and I run a hand through my hair.

~

  "How was your journey North?" I ask Harwin as I lay in bed watching him. My hand rested on my pregnant belly. This will be my last child. I'm getting old now. I don't want my children to be young when I die.

  "Very successful," he says as he unpacks his things. "The new Lord Stark has pledged allegiance to Rhaenyra." Although Harwin is not apart of the Kingsguard anymore, he is working for Rhaenyra, gaining support for her claim. I asked him too and he always does what I tell him to do.

  "That's wonderful," I say. "Rhaenyra will be glad to hear that. She's on her way here with the boys. Vaemond is challenging Lucerys claim. It's bullshit."

  "Bullshit is an understatement," he says as he crawls into bed beside me. "How have you been, my love?"

  "Rhaena has been..." I drawl off, unsure how to word it.

  "Rhaena has been? What?" He says and looks up to me.

  "She and Aemond have been spending lots of time together," I say and I can tell Harwin instantly understands what I mean.