17.

Daerla

  My cousin is dead, I was never that close with Laena so I don't feel her loss as much as the rest of the family.

Laena isn't the only one we're mourning. Harwin's brother and father passed away and Harwin is in a delicate state. He's stood beside me, a hand curled around my waist.

Naerys, Rhaena and Daemos are stood infront of us, watching as Laena's uncle gives some speech. The whole thing is awkward. Daemon and Rhaenyra can't keep their eyes off each other, the only thing that could make it more obvious is if they took off their clothes and started fucking each other right here and now.

  The ceremony ends and Laena is dropped into the ocean, the Velaryon way of death.

  "Naerys," I grab onto my son's shoulder as he's about to make his way over to the buffet table. "Go and send your condolences to the girls."

"But-" he argues but Harwin quickly quietens him.

"Don't argue with your mother," he says. "Go." Naerys goes and he takes Daemos with him. Rhaena stays stood with us.

"Why do Rhaena and I have the same name?" She asks as she looks up at Harwin and I. We both look at eachother, trying to come up with an answer.

"I think Daemon copied your name," I finally say. "You were named Rhaena first and he really liked your name so he stole it." Rhaena looks a bit confused but she shrugs before going and joining her brothers.

"Good save," Harwin says and I turn to face him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," i reply with a grin.

"Daemon," I shout as I jump out of the tree and run towards my older brother.

"What?" He replies as he walks towards the castle. I fall into step beside him.

"Viserys is going to bring me a doll back from Kings Landing and he said i need to think of a name, but i have no ideas!" I moan. "What would you name your doll?"

"Daerla," he sighs. "I don't have time for this."

"Please, Daemon," I reply and I stick my bottom lip out for good measure. His face softens.

"Well," he thinks. "I've always thought that I would name my first daughter 'Rhaena'."

"Why?" I ask.

"Because it means 'Queen'," he says before walking away.

Ok. So i did steal the name from Daemon. But he stole it back when he named Rhaena the younger the same thing as Rhaena the older.

"I've heard of some swimming holes, in the hills," Harwin says in my ear and my eyebrow perks up.

"Oh yes?" I say with a smile.

"Fancy joining me," he offers his hand and I take it.

It takes about an hour to reach the swimming hole, I'm dripping with sweat so I instantly take off my dress before jumping up. Harwin watches me with a smile reserved only for me.