08.

Ser Harwin

  I fear Daerla is going to kill her. If she does I won't be angry. The bitch has been trying to seduce me for weeks. Little does she know I'm programmed especially for Daerla.

  Daerla can pretend she hates me all she wants but the past few years have shown that she loves me really. She may not say it, but her actions show it.

  Such as her sending daggers towards the Lady Freyah. We're in the tent for the kings hunt, he's after some white stag. It's Naerys' first time at a hunt, at 3 years old he's not seen too much of the world.

  Naerys sits in my wife's arms, she's a natural mother. She bounces him up and down on her knee while talking to Rhaenyra. The boy looks happy enough sitting on her knee, he's smiling and looking round at all the people in the tent.

  "Princess Daerla," a too sweet voice says and when I look away from Naerys I see Freyah smiling sweetly at Daerla. "How beautiful your son is, I hope to have my own son one day. One who looks just like Lord Naerys."

I see Daerla's rage bubbling and I place my hand on her thigh.

"Fuck off, Freda," Daerla spits back and Freyah has the stupidity to look offended by Daerla calling her the wrong name.

"My name is Freyah," she replies. "Don't worry, you'll soon learn it when your husband finally gives in and I become his mistress." She smirks and Daerla stands up.

"Rhaenyra, hold," Daerla says before handing Naerys to Rhaenyra. She then pauses and pulls out her earrings. "Harwin, hold." I take them in my hand and then watch as she stands up straight so that she is towering over Freyah's short form.

"Let's go bitch," she says and then she grabs Freyah by the hair and pulls her out of the tent.

"I should go-" I say to Rhaenyra before standing up and following them outside. When I get out there Daerla has a blade at Freyah's throat.

"Ah, darling," Daerla says when she sees me. "Freyah is never going to go near you again or I am going to slit her throat and then feed her to the dragons. Isn't that right, Freda?"

"Yes," Freyah sputters out and then Daerla drops her into a puddle. Daerla looks up at me and I instantly recognise the hunger in her eyes.

~

Several hours later the sun has gone down. It's quiet in our tent. Except for Daerla's loud breathing. We've just fucked for hours. She is perfectly moulded for me. And while she hasn't said she loves me yet, I know that she does.

"I hate you," she says before getting out of the bed. She walks around the tent naked as she reaches for a robe. I admire her naked body. The small bump that is forming. "You keep getting me pregnant."

"It takes two to make a baby," I reply. "Didn't your tutors teach you that?" She crawls back into bed with her robe around her body.

"The tutors forgot that part," she says. "Luckily a guard was willing to teach me." She climbs on top of my body so that she's like a warm blanket. Her head nuzzles into the crook of my neck.

"I love you," I whisper to her as I sweep her hair away from her neck. I feel her shudder slightly but she doesn't move away. "And I love our son and I'll love any other children we have together."

"I was a brood," she says as she pushes herself up on her elbow. "At least 5." I roll her over so that I'm on top of her.

"Then you'll have 6," I say as I lean down to kiss her.

Sometime during our kissing she falls asleep and I push myself up. Am I that bad a kisser?

I roll onto my back and she snuggles into my side. I pull the sheepskins over us and then I blow the candle out.

I'm about to fall asleep when I hear something. I'm instantly feeling for Daerla and when I find her still beside me, I climb out of bed. I pull on some clothing and grab my sword before leaving the tent.

I go for the nursery. Naerys and Viserys' son Aegon should both be in there. However, only one bed is occupied.

Naerys is gone.

Naerys is gone.

"My lord?" The nurse says as she wakes up from a chair in the corner. "Is something the matter?"

"Where is my son?" I say with more harshness then I intend.

"I-" she says as she looks towards the empty bed then back at me. Horror enters her eyes and then a hand goes to cover her mouth.

I hear the tent open behind me and then Daerla is behind me. She instantly looks towards the bed.

"Where's Naerys?" She rushes over to the bed and throws his blankets and toys off it, searching for him. "Where is he? Harwin, where is he?" Her eyes are cold and empty and I feel my heart splinter.

"We'll find him," I tell her before racing out of the tent. I sound the alarm and within seconds the courtyard is filled with me.

"Someone has taken my son!" I shout and people look around in horror. "We have to find him. He's only a child." My voice breaks. Only hours before he was in his mothers lap. He looked so happy.

The men instantly disperse and get into groups. Within moments they are riding off searching for the child. I turn around and go back into the tent. When I go in, Daerla is gone.