Author's Note

Hi! This is Zeena.

This is the first installment from the Lex Amoris series, The Past Always Catches Up On Us.

This is a story about people's past, and how our past either makes us, or we take control and decide what we make of it.

Life is full of surprises, and Yanis and Rae will teach us this. They will meet in college, and life will happen to them, together and apart. And just as surprising as the way they'll meet, life will tear them apart the same way.

But maybe, they will find their way back together.

Or not.

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Any name of actual persons, events, places, and institutions mentioned in this story will be used in a fictional manner. The author is not affiliated with any person, place, and institution thus mentioned.

The characters in this story are flawed. I will try to make them as realistic as possible -- that means they will have character flaws and misgivings. They will make wrong decisions that will frustrate you (and me!), but give them a chance, eh?

This might make mention of triggering events, conditions and situations. Rest assured that those chapters will be properly tagged, and will indicate a trigger warning in the beginning.

All factual errors are entirely the author's fault. I will conduct a due diligence research, but that will not be a foolproof assurance that I will get everything right, especially on the topics that are not in my field of practice. Apologies in advance, and please don't judge me too harshly lol.