CHAPTER | 5

MILES

It was hard for me to stay still without bursting out in jumbling laughter. It was my Megan after all, I had to know this. But with the direction this conversation was heading, I was sure that my life would never have a dull moment if Megan was there next to me.

"Megan," I said, running a hand over my face. I sat up too facing her lovely self as I brought myself to explain why I said what I said. "We just had our private wedding and you are saying you don't want to marry now? It would definitely take a little more than that if you want to get rid of me."

Her nostrils flared in anger and I thought that she looked adorable. I had to resist from cupping her face and kissing her all over again.

"Don't you dare make fun of this!" She pointed her fingers at me. "You are marrying me to make sure that I'm chained to you. Isn't that, right? Get one thing in your head, Miles. I'm not going to change my name from Megan Taylor to Megan Jackson. And guess what, if this is your whole plan, I'm not going to wear any ring! Ha!"

This time though, I couldn't stop myself from chuckling. I slid myself closer to her and kissed a tiny kiss on her cheek.

"I love you, Megan." I said, with a big smile on my face, lighting her startled confusion. "I really don't care about any of it. I know you love me too. And if anyone is going to make a move on you, I'm scared for the poor guy rather than you."

Megan didn't take light of the words, but she did push me away with mock horror. "I hate you, Miles. So. Very. Much."

"Tough luck, babe. I love you." I smiled.

"Why did you have to say such things to me if you didn't care?" She asked, crossing her hands across her chest, raising her plump busts much to my hungry eyes.

I gulped audibly, not able to think clearly. It was definitely a bad idea to talk when I was closing the deal with Megan. Now, with a throbbing dick – which I was pretty sure was turning blue as we held on conversation high – I felt like the joke was on me.

"I wanted to see if the old Megan was still out there, ready to pounce." I said faster, adjusting myself to lessen my pain. "The one who stood by her beliefs and didn't take herself for a pushover."

Her stony expression remained neutral. "Oh, and what did you find out?"

I cleared my throat. "And I found out that when you turn red in anger, naked, is the best turn on ever. Do you know how tough it is to hold on to a talk with you sitting and staring at me like that?"

Her stance fell at that. A different shade of pristine red pressed on her cheeks, making me reach for her. "Then learn your lesson." Megan muttered, her eyes suddenly shy as she covered herself with my crumpled shirt. "Don't you dare tease me."

"Lesson learnt." I pulled the shirt away and kissed her. She didn't have to hide from me ever again. "Were you serious back then? About the name and the ring?"

When Megan put her hands on my chest, I regretted those words yet again. I didn't want to talk. We were interrupted twice – once by me and once by her. We were even now.

"I don't think so. I haven't really thought about it." She said, tilting her head. "You?"

Her question startled me. "Am I taking your name? I don't know. I haven't thought about it too. Miles Taylor. Has a good ring to it though, right?"

She shrugged. I knew she hardly cared what we were called as long as we were together. "Ring?"

"Oh, I'm wearing it 100% all the time." I said. "Do you know how many women followers are there behind me? I want the world to know that I'm off the market."