Caught red handed

Start from the beginning

Bucky marched past me and walked up to the door. He stuck his metal arm through it and knocked over the officer that was on the other side. I raised my brow slightly at his power. It was no wonder everyone was scared of him. I wouldn't want to fight him.

Bucky then burst through the broken door and began fighting the people in the hallway. His movements almost mesmerised me. The power and skill in his movements were incredible but extremely intimidating. I shook my self of my thoughts and pried my eyes off him.

I took in a deep breath and walked forwards, confidently stepping out the door and standing beside Bucky as a man descended through the glass celling above us. He fired his gun at Bucky but he raised his metal fist, deflecting the blows with ease.

The man descended further and Bucky grabbed a hold of his gun. He swung the man hard into the wall beside me, knocking the man unconscious. He was left dangling from the wire that he had used to get down.

An officer raised up the stairs towards us and I turned to face him, putting myself in between the man and Bucky. He immediately lunged towards me with his fists up and I ducked down, using my own fists to punch his waist, just below the bullet proof vest. The man grunted and stumbled back slightly. I didn't want to use my powers and badly hurt him, that wasn't my intention.

The same couldn't be said for Bucky however. He lunged around me and hit the man's legs with a large metal container. Causing him to topple down the stairs.

I stumbled to the side in surprise and quickly caught myself on the wall behind me. I looked over at Bucky and my eyes widened as he ran over to the railing and leapt over the side. He used the unconscious dangling man as a rope and swung himself down to the next level.

I sighed in frustration and looked down the stairwell. Several officers were now racing down the stairs towards Bucky. I watched as he threw around the men like they weighed nothing. One of them hurled into a wall and was knocked unconscious.

I sighed softly and walked over to the red barrier. I grasped firmly onto it and vaulted over the side. Weightlessness took over my body for a brief second before I caught myself with my powers. I allowed my body to fall slightly again until my feet landed on the concrete stairwell again.

I raced down the last couple of steps that separated me from Bucky. A man took notice of me and quickly turned on me. He raised his fist towards me and I raised my hand at the same moment, I shoved his body backwards and he collided with the wall just to the left of Bucky. He didn't even flinch as he continued to power through the oncoming officers.

A loud thud startled me as Steve landed on the stairwell in front of me. I sighed quietly and pressed my hand to my chest.

I looked back over at them just as Bucky knocked a man over the side of the railing. Steve lent over and grabbed him so that he wouldn't fall to his death.

Steve looked up at Bucky exasperatedly. "Come on, man."

Steve pulled the man back up firmly and knocked him into the wall behind him. It seemed that they both liked to do that. The noise of metal breaking caught my attention and I looked over at Bucky. My brows raised as I watched him use the metal railing to swing himself down another set of stairs.

I turned to look at Steve and saw that he had pinned two men to the wall. He attached their harnesses together and knocked one of them over the railing, leaving the other man to try and support his weight.

I let out a heavy sigh as my heart raced from the adrenaline that was coursing through me. Steve walked over to me and went to say something, but his expression shifted as he looked behind me and he quickly threw his shield.