sadie || we fell in love in october

fall had begun. dried leaves scattered all over the ground of central park as children hurried to every pile, jumping in them. the air was cold and the light breeze blew gently on the trees, rustling the remaining leaves. dim rays of sunlight shone through the shade of trees, casting a warm glow on the face of a certain girl, who had her head on your shoulders. her shoulders rose up and down as she breathed slowly, relaxing in your touch. music played through the earphones, one bud in your left ear, and the other on sadie's right.

"smoking cigarettes on the roof"

"you look so pretty and i love this view"

you looked down at sadie with only her red hair in sight.

"we fell in love in october"

"that's why, i love fall"

"looking at the stars"

"admiring from afar"

you felt her fingers intertwined with yours and you held it tight.

"my girl, my girl, my girl, my girl. you will be my girl, my girl, my girl, my girl" you mouthed before placing a gentle kiss on her hair which seemed to catch her attention.

"you will be my world, my world, my world, my world. you will be my girl"

sadie lifted her head slightly and looked up, both of you holding each other's gaze. she leaned closer and pressed a short kiss on your lips, smiling and resting her head back on your shoulder. a smile crept on your face and you caressed the back of her hand, whispering an "i love you". you wrapped an arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to you for comfort and warmth. as you were looking at the scenery, you couldn't help but keep thinking of how sadie kept appearing in your mind as the song continued playing.

we fell in love in october...