sadie || sick

you shivered throughout the night, only to be awoken by sniffles. you looked to your left and realised sadie wasn't there on the bed with you. you mentally groaned. you weren't feeling your best and you needed her bad. you continued laying in bed, closing your eyes in exhaustion and praying that sadie would come strolling in soon. not long later, your prayers seemed to be answered as you saw her walk into the room with a smile on her face. "good morning, love. did you sleep well?" sadie asked, coming closer to you. you could only manage shaking your head slightly and mumbling, "i don't know. i don't feel so good right now."

sadie's smile immediately changed into a frown upon hearing what you just said and her face was filled with concern. she settled the back of her hand on your forehead and recoiled back slowly, sighing. "you're burning up, y/n/n," she said, looking at you with worry. you just glanced up at her with tired eyes which were now threatening to close. "it's okay. i'll just go grab some water and meds for you. just hang tight, okay?" she said softly before pecking your head and leaving the room. you shifted under the covers and your head throbbed, causing your face to scrunch up in pain and discomfort. however, the drowsiness soon took its effect on you and you drifted off, hoping that you could sleep it off.

when sadie returned, she saw you bundled up in the covers asleep and looked at you with a soft gaze, going over to the bedside table and putting down the pills and glass of water on it. she placed a cool towel on your forehead, hoping that it would bring your temperature down. sadie sat back down on the bed and leaned closer to you, stroking your hair gently.

you woke up a few hours later, still feeling weak but still able to look around your surroundings. your eyes fell on sadie who stayed next to you, holding your hand. your heart warmed as you realised that sadie had chose to stay with you when she could've just left and let you rest alone. although she couldn't see it, you smiled at her and for once, you were glad that your face was flushed from being sick or else your blushing would have been very obvious. to your surprise, sadie suddenly turned to face you and her eyes lit when she saw you awake. "heyyy, how are you feeling love?" sadie asked, tucking a piece of hair from your sweaty face behind your ear. "better than earlier, i guess. my head doesn't feel so good though," you shrugged, closing your eyes and sighing. "aww. you wanna cuddle? would that make you feel better?" she asked, her head now on her arm as she lay facing you. 

you gave a small smile and nodded, getting comfortable as she put her arms around you protectively: one hand rubbing your back comfortingly and the other stroking your hair gently. your body immediately relaxed at her touch and you snuggled your face closer into her chest, taking steady breaths. sadie let out a deep sigh and kissed your head lovingly. 

"i love you"

sorry this was really short as my exams are still ongoing😭 I'LL TRY TO WRITE LONGER ONES NEXT TIME. also it'd be great if yall could tell me whether you want longer or shorter chapters. feedback from you guys would be really useful :)