ziggy || start of a friendship

tw: homophobia and swearing

"shit, shit shit!" ziggy cursed, stuffing the ten-dollar note in her pocket, running as fast as she could from sheila and her minions. soon, the sound of leaves crunching behind her got louder and she started to speed up. she took a quick glance behind her and turned back again, only to be hit by something and falling hard onto the ground.

when she came to, everything was blurry and she wiped the the blood off her nose. when ziggy looked up, all she could see was sheila and her minions, glaring at her with hatred in their eyes. all but one. y/n. she was the only one looking at her with a sorry expression, like she felt really bad for her and wanted to do something about it but couldn't for certain reasons. before ziggy could even say or do anything, she was tied by her wrists and then dragged by will, one of sheila's annoying friends. "let me go!" ziggy demanded but to no avail, often exchanging glances with y/n, who was the only one not reciting the famous 'sarah fier' rhyme.

"she reaches from beyond the grave, to make good men her wicked slaves, she'll take your blood, she'll take your head, she'll follow you until your dead!" they chanted as will shoved ziggy onto the ground mercilessly. she winced as the dried leaves scraped her elbow, then looked up at will who was walking over to a rope that was hung over a branch. ziggy's eyes widened in realisation and started to panic but quickly put on a brave face to save herself from being furthur humiliated, especially since she was in front of y/n. ziggy didn't want y/n to see the weak side of her. true, y/n was a sunnnyaler but ziggy could sense that she was different from the others. y/n didn't hate on shadysiders like the other sunnyvalers do, nor did she try to make their lives harder like sheila. despite all that, she was still one of sheila's friends which made her even confused. but right now, ziggy had more things to worry about than y/n...

y/n's pov:

"let me down, you shits! let me down!" she yelled, still struggling with her tied-up wrists. i watched in worry as sheila searched ziggy's pockets, searching for the stolen note. "goddamn thief!" will exclaimed with a frown upon seeing sheila whipping out a dollar note. "no. she's no thief. she's possessed, by the witch. the only reason to explain her psycho behavior!" sheila smirked. "f*ck you!" ziggy shouted, elbowing sheila in the face. i turned to ziggy in shock but smirked a little at how badass that move was.

if i was being completely honest, i didn't want to be with sheila at all. she was bossy and didn't allow me to hang out with the other shadysiders - said they were a bunch of cursed losers. she practically forced me to be one of her minions and kept bringing me with her everywhere she went and i hated it. i'd rather be friends with shadysiders. they were nicer and in my opinion, they were a lot more badass than those ass sunnyvalers. and ziggy was one of them.

fine, i'll admit it: i've been having this crush on her since she stepped into the camp. i absolutely love everything about her - from her red hair and blue eyes, to how she treated me. everyone in the camp kept saying that she was a liar and troublemaker but to me, she's like the total opposite. she's always been so kind to me and cares about me so much - from wanting to know where i've been and asking me if i was okay whenever i wasn't acting 'normal'. we weren't even official friends but i've always felt the closest to her, even more than my sunnyvale buddies. i guess that's why i feel like i'm falling in love with her even more and there was definitely no denying that.

i snapped out of my thoughts and focused on what was happening at the moment. ziggy was still strung up and moving wildly, trying to somehow wiggle her way out of the ropes. "-you burn them," sheila's voice caught my attention. nervously, i shot a look towards will, then back at sheila after realising what she was going to do to ziggy. "give me your lighter!" sheila commanded, gesturing towards will. "what?" he asked with confusion in his voice, slightly stunned that sheila was being serious about the burning. "give it to me!" she shouted, extending her hand assertively, causing will to give in to her reluctantly. i stood there in fear, afraid of what was going to happen next. "hold her legs!" she pointed and two of her friends walked over to hold ziggy down. i started to breathe heavily as i watched the scene unfold in front of my eyes - sheila flicking open the lighter and ziggy begging for her to stop. "sheila, stop! don't do it!" i pleaded as her other friends looked at each other anxiously.