***

"I really don't like Zoe." Ash frowned, staring at Ryan who was laughing at something Zoe said. 

"Meh, I'm not much of her fan either."

"Nooooo...I mean, I don't like her tonight."

I frowned and looked at her for a moment then I turned to look at where Ryan and Zoe were standing and then back at Ashley again. Then it clicked and I let out a dramatic gasp. "You're jealous!" 

She clamped a hand over my mouth, "You don't have to scream that out for everyone, but yes."

"Sorry." I waved a hand over myself. "I'm a bit drunk."

"Me too!" 

And we convulsed together into another giggle fest. We'd been doing that a lot in the past hour.

I sighed. "You don't have to be insecure with Ryan, he is not Ian. He is reallllyyyy into you. I can see it."

"You can?"

"Yes, I can see it." I furiously nodded. "Like, he thinks that we wouldn't notice but he hasn't added any booze in our current drinks, its just fruit juice. He is taking care of you because you are drunk."

I tried to drink from my glass but nothing came out. I tipped it over and not a single drop came out. When had that happened?

I frowned, looking around the party.

He still wasn't here. Why wasn't he here?

I looked at Ash and she was nodding to herself, then she looked at me and said, "It's the little things, right?"

"Huh?"

"The little things he does shows that he cares."

"Oh, we are still talking about that?" I frowned. "Yeah, its the little things that mean the most."

Ash nodded again. "You know, for being drunk we are really clear-headed right now."

I grinned. "I know, right?"

I felt him before I even saw him. It's like the air around me had changed, I could feel his gaze on me. Burning me. Making me feel hyper-aware of myself. 

And sure enough, when I whirled around, there he was.

Tyler was wearing a plain black t-shirt that fit him like a dream, blue jeans, and...I squinted my eyes to look properly...AH! Black Leather boots. 

I let out a low whistle. "Mr. Hottie Mc.Hotterson is here!"

"What?" Ash asked, but I was too busy staring at Tyler. 

I felt his eyes on me, his slow perusal of my body made me shiver. And God, the intensity in those brown eyes did wicked things to me.

We didn't approach each other, too busy drinking each other in from across the room. 

After a while, I couldn't take it anymore. His attention on me was like a sensory overload. So when Josh dragged me to the dance floor, I didn't resist. 

"You look great tonight!" Josh yelled over the music.

"Thank you!" I moved closer to him so that I could hear him better. "Are you having fun?"

"Uh-huh." He nodded. "I think I might be a little drunk."

"Me too!" I chuckled. 

No matter what I did, I could feel Tyler watching me. I could feel his gaze like a touch ever since he got here.

This awareness of him almost felt like breathing now.

I smoothed a hand down my skimpy dress as if it'd rid me of this longing I felt for him. It didn't.

"Can I ask you something?" Josh's voice jolted me enough and I looked away from Tyler. 

When I nodded, he continued, "Are you and Tyler back together?"

I frowned. Were we? Technically, no. 

I settled on, "It's...complicated."

Josh nodded slowly, glancing at me and then toward where Tyler was sitting with his friends and Julian. He almost seemed...disappointed?

No, maybe it was the booze and I was misreading.

"You still like him, right?"

"Very much," I admitted. 

"And judging by the way he is looking at us right now, I think the feeling is mutual."

I smiled. When I turned to look at Tyler again, I found those brown eyes already focused on me. 

But his gaze didn't seem overwhelming anymore. It felt like a possibility. Like sparks. Like a pulse beating overtime.

"Why are you here? Go to him," Josh whispered in my ear. 

I looked up at him and he had an encouraging smile. I chuckled and tipped him an imaginary hat before turning away.

When I got closer to where Tyler was sitting, my heart was beating unusually fast, but I was feeling bold. I was feeling reckless and confident.

"Hey, Tiger." His deep voice made my heart skip a beat. 

He ran a hand through his hair. I watched the movement and wanted to do the same. A wave of need rushed through me and I breathed out.

What was happening to me?

It was like I was hyper-sensitive toward everything he did. 

"Care for a drink?" I stepped closer so that he could hear me, but I caught a whiff of the spice of his cologne. 

A need...a strong desire bloomed in my belly like a flower unfurling toward the sun.

He leaned down and the heat of his breath fanned over my ear and goosebumps skittered across my skin. 

The air between us was charged. It sizzled with anticipation and desire. It tasted like the cocktail on my tongue, little bubbles of excitement that left me giddy and intoxicated.

I looked into his eyes, searching them. Did he feel it too?

***

Author's note-

As some of you might have noticed, my writer's block had magnified exponentially.  But I think I'm finally managing to push past it. 

I'm sorry for the long breaks in between the updates. And if you're still here, thank you. I'm so grateful for the support.

Ps- Are you enjoying the story? What are you looking forward to?
Comment your thoughts for me , it keeps me motivated. 🖤