Josiah hummed and kept quiet even though there was a stiffness in his posture that wasn't there before. I looked at him before shaking my head reminding myself this was Josiah the most unpredictable and spontaneous person on Earth. 

He hadn't changed much. He still traveled around the world and still had the infuriating smirk and acted like a pretentious pigeon strutting around. 

But at least he was mature enough to hide it, at times. He seemed more decent and composed and I thanked God for letting miracles happen. 

"How's Casington? Is it really filled with skyscrapers? I heard theres nothing but skyscrapers there. How would you rate it's poshnesso a scale from 1 to 10?" Derek asked Josiah who nodded.

 Josiah was currently living in one of the busiest and most extravagant cities that Derek had always wanted to visit. "Definitely a 10! When you come over we have to take a tour of the city."

Derek and Josiah chatted all the way to the restaurant and I added a few comments whenever it was needed. It had been a long time spending time with both the Roberts and while I didn't like Josiah very much, he wasn't the most awful company either.

 It almost felt like highschool where we'd go and explore different places, laugh and joke around. 

We reached our destination within ten minutes and entered. The front of the. restaurant was bright and had a bar where people perched on bar stools. A disco ball was showcased above the bar, creating the imagery of a club. Josiah eyed it appreciatively as we moved past it, into the restaurant area. We sat down, ordered and waited.

I looked at the menu and smiled at the unique blend of dishes that my own restaurant had. The dining area had an airy and fresh feel to it and I reveled in the ambience of the calming atmosphere.

 As I observed the surroundings and studied the interior, I didn't notice the woman clad in a blue off shoulder dress that was making her way to us. Even if I had, I certainly wouldn't have been able to recognize her.

It was only when she approached our table did I look up, a soft gasp escaping my throat. It was Alyssa! She came!

My eyes traveled down and my mind registered how elegant she looked. She looked so stunning that I was starstruck at the sheer beauty of her, my mind rendered speechless for a few seconds. 

She was clad in a dark blue dress embedded with little sequins of silver that set off her skin tone. Her beautiful lush hair was combed into soft waves that tumbled in curls to her abdomen. Her eyes were lined with eyeliner and diamonds hung from her ears like tears of the ocean. 

"Alyssa?" I got up, fumbling for words as she smiled, her lips stained with red. I had never seen Alyssa like this. She fidgeted under my gaze, her eyes wearily looking around until they met mine and calmed down.

I thought of how she came alone, despite what had happened to her and took her hand, a silent reassurance that I was here and that no would harm her. She sent me a small frail smile.

I thought she was beautiful by looking at her in day-to-day outfits but when she made an effort, she looked like an angel and her confidence was like a punch to my stomach that left me drenched at how winsome and attractive she really was. 

My beautiful woman. 

"Surprise," She smirked lightly and I beamed at her so wide I could have cleaved the Earth alone with the intensity. Alyssa had come a long way and I was so proud of her for embracing herself because she was an amazing woman who deserved so much more. 

I squeezed her hand, my eyes wrinkling with happiness as I whispered in a tone only she could hear, "You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Thanks for coming."