Chapter Two: Home sweet home

I awoke to the feeling of being bounced & jolted. I opened my eyes as I looked around, I was still super groggy. My first thought being that I would definitely be needing more coffee with more shots of espresso. I realized I still had my headphones in, my music though had stopped sometime during the flight. I pulled out my buds putting them back into their case as I tucked them away in my purse. I yawned as I looked out the tiny window. It was foggy but I could see mountains surrounding the area. Goodbye skyscrapers, hello mother nature. I laughed quietly to myself as I shook my head. Come on Everly, you barely landed give the place a chance. I like hiking & the outdoors, I just love the city a little more.

Time seemed to move in slow motion before the plane finally came to a halt & we were allowed off. When I got to baggage claim, I turned off airplane mode on my phone. Blair had replied with a selfie of her in bed, her pink sleep mask was on her forehead & her brunette hair was still perfect as always. She'd replied telling me she wanted pics as soon as I'd landed. I chuckled as I put my phone away, deciding I'd send her pics of the scenery on the way to wherever my house was. My house. That would take some time for me to get used to. I was convinced everything at airports moved in slow motion, like time ceased to exist here. It took about an hour just to get my suitcase. I was definitely cranky... I called Olivia letting her know I'd landed okay, she was happy I'd called & reminded me I'd be looking for a Charlie Swan & he'd be driving me to my home. It was really weird hanging up the phone, knowing Olivia couldn't just pop over anytime. I decided before going to find Mr. Swan that I'd grab my much needed coffee. I genuinely hoped he hadn't been waiting the whole time since I'd landed, I didn't want my first impression to be inconsiderate. Thankfully the coffee came quick & I made my way to the pickup section of the airport. I looked around, I didn't see any police officers, just the security guards that worked at the airport. I decided I'd sit & wait, I pulled out my hoodie & zipped it up halfway. It was definitely much colder here than New York, I pulled out my phone & opened my camera, posing with my coffee & my hoodie on my head. I replied back to Blair saying 'Cold but they have Iced coffee here! Lol' with an emoticon of a face sticking its tongue out. I think I waited about ten minutes before a cop cruiser pulled up, a man with short dark hair, who stood around 5'9 with a mustache that matched his hair stepped out & held up his flip phone. I was pleasantly surprised people still had those.

"Everly Pierce?" He sounded like he was out of breath, like he maybe rushed here & was anxious. I stood up & held my hand out.

"Hi, Mr. Swan? It's a pleasure to meet you." I spoke with a smile as he shook my hand. He exhaled what would seem like a breath of relief as he chuckled.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I uh... lost track of time." I shook my head & held up the hand that didn't have the coffee in it.

"Please don't worry about it, thank you for picking me up." I moved to grab my luggage but Mr. Swan beat me to it, throwing it in his trunk.

"Um. Is this all? I thought you were moving?" Mr. Swan looked confused & I don't blame him, I chuckled as I nodded.

"I am, Olivia was so kind- like she always is- & got me a moving company to take my stuff to the house. It's kind of funny my belongings are seeing the house before I am." I joked causing Mr. Swan to chuckle along with me. I went to open the passenger door & got into the cruiser. Mr. Swan looked to me & clapped his hands together as he nodded before he started the car.

It was a few minutes of silence before Mr. Swan started small talk.

"So you're uh seventeen right?" I looked to him with the same nice smile I gave everyone.

"Yea" I replied before taking a sip of my coffee.

"I have a daughter, Bella. She's around your age, she just turned eighteen." Mr. Swan smiled as he spoke of his daughter. I thought that was sweet.