Chapter 2 - First Introductions

Start from the beginning

"Horikita."

"I said I'm done talking, or are you just that big of an idiot."

"Did you notice the new empty desk behind me?"

While I was entering the class, I noticed there was a new empty desk situated just behind my own. I assumed nothing much about this new existence in the class, just believing it was a spare desk. Not many people in the class would care to notice this tiny change in the classroom dynamic, but it was something that caught my attention immediately.

"I did notice it too, but I don't think we should care too much about it seems just like a spare desk to me."

"I don't know; something big could be happening. But I guess you're probably right about that."

As I finished my conversation, Chabashia-sensei strode into the classroom at the stroke of the bell like every other day this week. Once she reached the podium at the front of the class, she turned to address the class.

"Hello Class, I have a few announcements to make today, so I would like your cooperation and attention while I explain them."

"Ahhhhhh, Sae-chan-sensei, don't say it's a test or anything please." Ike lamented.

"Ike, please do not interrupt me these are important announcements I must make."

I looked towards the front of the class to see the student who expectedly dismissed our sensei's words. Ike was considered one of the delinquent students in our grade. Who didn't seem to be very valuable at anything academically or physically. Along with his friends Sudo, and Yamauchi they were labeled as the 'three idiots', a befitting name considering their rather questionable actions.

"First, the most important announcement. Today could be considered a historical day in Advance Nurturing High School because this is the first time this school has ever taken a transfer student." Chabashira-sensei said indifferently, "fortunately, this student will be joining class 1-D this year."

As soon as sensei finished her brief statement, the door near the front of the class opened. The whole class's attention turned to the door in anticipation of our new classmate's arrival.

A boy with dirty blonde hair and a tall, well-built body strode to the front of the class and took his place just to the right of Chabashira-sensei.

He turned to face the entire class, gazing at all of us with his hazel-colored eyes as he went to speak.

"..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Class 1-D; Fukumoto, Akio POV)

As I stood beside my new sensei and looked at my new classmates only one thought came to mind.

WHAT DO I DO???????

I've never done this before, they're all staring at me now, and I'm just standing here. Oh, they're gonna label me as the loner to pick on I just know it. I at least gotta try and say something so I don't look like a complete numbskull up here.

"... Hello, everyone, uh, my name is Akio Fukumoto, as you may know, I just transferred to this school. And I uhh... I hope to get along well with each and every one of you." I said, trying to give my best smile at the end.